a kick-vote menu idea.

Would this actually help at all?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Nah, just a waist of time.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Comashift

So I was playing Halo: Reach with my brother the other day and some guy on my team kills me by accident. When this happened there was a menu with 2 selections which are as follows: Vote to kick, and forgive.

Now the whole point of this (in my mind) is that people make mistakes. so it would be fair to make 2 team kills the maximum before you can actually vote-to-kick. the "forgiveness" button would be for people who actually understand that, as humans, we screw up.

On Halo: Reach, the menu stretched across the whole screen. but why not just make it to somewhere at the corner? I find that a little more convenient.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
I believe this has been talked about A LOT in other threads, so your not the first to suggest this.
Jus' sayin'.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The automatic pop-up of the voting option is an interesting twist that hasn't been discussed before, so props for bringing it to the community's attention.

But, really, a vote thread? Who'd vote no on the ability to vote-kick asses? I'm taking your props back. No props for you.

57thRomance

But, really, a vote thread? Who'd vote no on the ability to vote-kick asses? I'm taking your props back. No props for you.
OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo, Daphy Duck's takin' back the props. Someone's turning into a bad boy...
GangstaDuck.jpg

On topic: Maybe the player should have the option of whether or not to vote-kick once he/she finds out how and why he got TKed. Usually, the person who's killed doesn't see his oppressor, so he could assume that it was an accident if both teammates are fighting against an enemy, and the TKer decides to kill his teammate. On the other hand, the TKer could have unintentionally killed his teammate who suddenly got in his way, and the teammate would assume that the TKer meant to kill him. Also consider intentional TKs for good reason, such as taking the flag from a fellow capper who doesn't know how to pass the flag, is at critical health, and is about to die at the hands of the enemy anyway. The oppressed shouldn't have to decide right after he's killed if he/she should vote to boot the TKer. It'll create a lot of unneeded drama and flames.