a history?

AcidicTaco

just wondering how Legions moved from instant action to it's own site, I played on instantaction.com when there were only 6 games and like Legions quite a bit, so I'm just wondering what exactly happened between instant action going down for an update and Legions starting up again and just today I noticed the instant action site has completely disappeared... what's up with that?

DOS4/GW

Short summery? IA wasn't making money with the Arcade, so they took it down. They relaunched IA as a service to buy or rent titles (such as Monkey Island: SE and Braid) and play them in a browser on any computer. It integrated with facebook, allowed you to play the game as it downloaded, etc. They kept promising to bring the arcade back but never did. The new IA apparently didn't catch on, so the company went out of buisness. After that, employees from IA released Legions to a group of fans, i.e. our current dev team.

copenhagenlc

Short summery? IA wasn't making money with the Arcade, so they took it down. They relaunched IA as a service to buy or rent titles (such as Monkey Island: SE and Braid) and play them in a browser on any computer. It integrated with facebook, allowed you to play the game as it downloaded, etc. They kept promising to bring the arcade back but never did. The new IA apparently didn't catch on, so the company went out of buisness. After that, employees from IA released Legions to a group of fans, i.e. our current dev team.

TL : DR

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
After that, employees from IA released Legions to a group of fans, i.e. our current dev team.

I was under the impression the team actually had Legions before IA went down, hence the contract and the promises from Crash that Legions would be back sooner than expected. Otherwise you summed it up pretty well.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
We had approached IA in May (after IA Arcade had been down for a while) and finalized everything around late October-ish. We demo'd a working version of it to Crash just a few days before IA announced its closure.