4 Way CTF

Speed_King

What if there were four teams, each team having four people since the servers can only hold 16.
In this game mode, there is only one flag and it will be in the middle of the map i guess, and the teams will spawn on the edges of the map. You have to get the flag from the middle of the map and return it to your own flagstand. I know its no new game-mode but just an idea.

Thoughts?

Mhi200

Whether it's 4 or 2-team, 1-flag ctf is a good idea.

Off topic: I'm pretty sure large maps could have 32 players, but small always only had 16 as max, right? Just wondering.

Lcam

would be fun, because they had to work together.
But what would be the obectiv?
The flag 1? Flag 2? ore Flag 3?

Propkid

If the objective is to return the flag to your own base then this would basically end up as a race for grabbing the flag first; after that returning the flag back to your base would be easy since you are already far enough from the enemy spawn and getting close to your own.

I suggest changing it from a Capture The Flag to something in the likes of Sabotage from the Call of Duty series. Basically the objective would be to place the flag/bomb in the opponents' base and defend it until it explodes, eliminating the opponent. I don't know how would it work with more than 2 teams, but a one flag/bomb game mode would be nice.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
For a game like this, something like Bombing run would work, where you pick up the bomb from the center of the map and try to deposit it at a goal in the enemy base. For balance, I think. The carrier wouldn't be able to shoot or throw the bomb except as a targeted pass to a teammate. OD would still work, I think. I haven't given too much thought to this, though.

Mhi200

How about the capper must stand still in the capping area for, say, 3-5 seconds? Easily achievable if you clear out all the LO.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Sentinels could be used to defend their base. In UT, good bombing run teams have defensive players.