32 player server

hmmm a 32 player server.... that would be interesting none the less :) maybe for PUG's if we end up getting alot of people willing to do them but the devs might say there isnt really a use for em now

Lol that last time I saw a 32 player server was when I glitched it. It sucks that they fixed it though when IA was around.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
They had 32 player servers on the large map shazbot rotation on IA, but seeing as there aren't any big maps out there (save Zenith) I'm not sure it's necessary. 32 players on Frost, Nivo, or Moonshine would be insane. And by insane I mean insanely stupid.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Strategy starts to break down at those levels. It might make for some entertaining PUB games (on large maps, of course), but PUGS? It'd be painfully chaotic.

Propkid

32 player server yea... but only on DM/Arena ;]
No really, in CTF and TDM it'd either make no difference to how fun the game is or would make it very chaotic. And if the hardcore mode was combined with DM (or to make it simple if we decreased everyone's hp by 66%) then I'd give other modes up ;D
Sounds chaotic but trust me, it works.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Sounds chaotic but trust me, it works.

It might in other games, bud, but Legions is its own animal. While we'll certainly never no for sure until we try it, we can make educated guesses based on our experience, not in other games, but in Legions.

I actually prefer smaller games, not bigger ones. To me, the best games are 5v5, where there's only one or two folks in each position. With 16v16, every position would have overwhelming backup, and it just becomes a game of luckily sneaking grabs past the D. Of course, that's just in CTF; the situation might be very different in other variants.

Redvan

Private Tester
do we even have 32 players available for a PuG at any one given time?

It would work given the right game modes (ie, certain objectives need to be gained and held before a flag can be capped), but then, you'd need to have the player base.

32player straight CTF (as we know it in L:O) would just be chaotic splash spam all over the place. Even on large maps. When you only have one objective, people gather there.

Propkid

It might in other games, bud, but Legions is its own animal.
Hardcore mode FFA with lots of people in any Call of Duty games <3.
Same goes for Quake3a custom FFA where you spawn with set weapons (long ago). No need to decrease HP there.
I want the HC mode in legions so badly I'll keep on bugging you with it regularly >;D