3 Step Studio by GarageGames

Fixious

Test Lead
More and more people are getting into games as the medium continues to expand on new platforms and devices. Everyone has ideas for games, especially for their iPhone or iPad, but only expert programmers can make their ideas come to life.

3 Step Studio will allow gamers everywhere to make their own games for theiPad, iPhone, Windows, or Mac. No programming required.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/garagegames/3-step-studio

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I'll for sure be pledging. Wish I could afford the $5000 pledge, 2 nights of passion with Mich Perry!

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
You aren't making your own game if you are using a 'template' of an existing game... Stupid.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, I always feel this kind of "gamemakers" are more useful to 12 year olds and/or an educational tool rather than anyone else.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I feel like the only way this can work is on the surface having 'templates' that you just socket nodes into but deeper down the rabbit hole having a more traditional node based workflow. These usually fail though because even though nodes are much simpler to grasp than code , they still take some effort to understand. Hopefully they can make that smooth.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
You aren't making your own game if you are using a 'template' of an existing game... Stupid.
What about the entire Call of Duty franchise?

In celebration of the NHL Lockout ending, a terrible-hockey themed-laugh