Hurricane Irene

Apcizzle

Made it through without losing power!

Now i have to go against the FEMA/governor/towns requests to stay off the roads to work at the restaurant that no one is going to go to. That place is simply amazing.

Dacil

Made it through without losing power!

Now i have to go against the FEMA/governor/towns requests to stay off the roads to work at the restaurant that no one is going to go to. That place is simply amazing.
yay!....but uh oh...better hope cal's dad doesn't go up there and whoop your butt of the road

Nothing to be disappointed about. I'm glad nothing too bad happened. Lives have been spared and (more importantly) I have mah power!

Vox

Im in massachusetts and all i got was a little bit of rain in the morning and multiple small wind gusts that did nothing. which means i kept my power! :D

RainPilot

stinky bear
Had all my windows open in the house open, barely enough wind to blow the curtains, there was rain... it just went down the drain.

I kinda knew this was all hyped up, but really, now everyone is prepared for a REAL diaster, everyone has tons of supplies, extra wood, nails, gasmasks(?), and whatever else they need. Maybe the government hyped everyone up for a reason to get us ready for something bigger..

What I really want to do is starting buying all the supplies off people off craigslist since it's 'useless' now and start stockpiling it somewhere. I want to buy a high + dry piece of land and probably build some kind of fall out shelter / mancave. One day I'll collaborate with some people and have pretty badass place to chill when SHTF

Apcizzle

the hurricane wasn't disastrous for EVERYONE but it certainly made its mark and a great deal of damage. A lot of records were broken and plenty of danger. I think the meteorologist did a great job forecasting the whole thing. It was just blown out of proportion from everyone... but of course fingers get pointed at the meteorologist.