The CG

U8er

Hey, so I've been getting asked how I use the CG the way I do a lot for quite awhile now. My computer isn't good enough to record any footage for a tutorial unfortunately. However, I've taken the time to write a fairly detailed guide here. I can also provide a few modifications that come in handy if it's your primary weapon of choice.

Ultra Skies

Other than looking just plain awesome, ultra skies has a much darker skybox for most maps compared to the default, allowing you to track your tracers against it much easier. Though for experienced players it wont make much of a difference, newer players that don't have an exact feel yet for where their tracers are going when looking up towards the sky can appreciate it. Link to original thread.

The CG tracers from "UltraRaptor's Pack 1.1" (Not sure if they're any different in 1.2)

Here is the reticle I use, just in case anyone is curious. All mod credit goes to PureWhoopAss.
Hope this helps even a little bit.

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
I remember when the CG was terrible and then it changed and then I was the King of CG whoring.

Then I stopped playing so I bet my Leejunz persona is like a *dancing* doped up whale right now in terms of how fat and unfit it is.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Using the chaingun effectively is not so much about the visual aspect (i.e. reticles, skies etc.) as much as it is about the movement and thinking process behind your aiming. Only tip I have to give is for players to play around with it a lot and take note of their positioning and movement whenever they get continuous hits (or streaks).

U8er

Good points. Positioning is a key part of getting a steady stream locked on. Also, while the mods wont serve as a game changer, they are certainly nice to have. I'm not sure why anyone ever thought that the skies being one giant blinding light that your default tracers disappear into was a good idea.

Immanent

I like circle rets the best, especially Petrifieds. Hugging the ground is probably the best bet while fighting a chainer, and jetting up as soon as they switch weapons. Abuse their weapon switching times. Also, being effective at CG isn't always the quantity of bullets you put out, it's also about the right timing ( like said above, not shooting them when they are hugging the ground). CG is meant for mid air targets, because their movement is more predictable.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
In my opinion, I find that just simply having a dot (As your CG Ret), helps. Instead of all this fancy jazz.

Abandoned

For a week I've played Legions: Overdrive with a 64kb/s internet connection. That internet speed fucks *chocolate cookies* ruins everything so badly I switch to CG and the reticles from RL change 10s later. I've actually found it MUCH easier to CG with the default RL reticle :p

Skepsis

Also to add Other Tips. When you CG you have to understand that your movement is different from when your Trying to MA. So when you Chain make sure your not open for any Rockets from your Opponent. To aim with the Chaingun look at the dot in which ever Ret your using and try to aim with it. Some People say the Lower the Sensitivity the better the accuracy, True but not enough. If your using low Sensitivity I suggest making it way higher so you are able to Twitch your Aim. This is where practice comes in, Try to practice getting your Accuracy and being able to aim faster. Accuracy + Twitching= You'll Probably win most of the time :) If you have high Ping try to find out your Lead time and Practice aiming with that time. I hope this helped out a little!

I feel your pain U8er. I've been getting asked about how to get as good as me a lot lately. Luckily in my case, all I need to tell them is "You can't, I'm #1." No forum thread needed. ;)

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I feel your pain U8er. I've been getting asked about how to get as good as me a lot lately. Luckily in my case, all I need to tell them is "You can't, I'm #1." No forum thread needed. ;)

774_3554580085_4c330323b8.jpg