Hand Grenade Jump and is it worth it?

Immanent

Hey, little problem here. How do you even 1) Hand Grenade Jump, and 2) is it even worth it (Health Lost and Speed gained taken into account).

1) how do you do it? please don't tell me to just press f and shoot. not very helpful.

thanks, I'm sure more people can benefit from this

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Its not worth it if you are playing outrider, and I'm not sure about the senti either, but I imagine it would be

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Yeah, what Morna said. If you're midfield with little to no speed and need a good boost, grenade jump. But in the regular situations where you're at a higher speed, I would rocket jump.

Disci

Old man
First gren and imediately after that rocket. Might depend what your ping is so you kinda need to test it out which delay works for you the best.

edit: Also it depends where you are moving. If you're going slightly upwards then you need to aim directly away from the movement and incase of this it's straight back and slightly downwards. I hope this explains it.

MJ1284

Hand Grenade Jump is worth it, atleast in some situations. High up in air without vertical movement? Grenade Jump to the rescue!
It also makes chasing whole lot easier, OD and GJ have near identical health loss & speed gain values so you'll catch up pretty quick even if you got left behind early on.

Redvan

Private Tester
Yes and unfortunately you can't do anything about it!
except be good at D, since llamas are quite easy to stop ;)

llamas are hardly a problem in anything but PUBs, so, nothing to worry about Wimp.

but on to topic:
I feel like you get a better boost from a stand still if you combo rather than just aim behind and rocketjump. It can be quite useful if you're midfield and see that you can stop a capper from there rather than respawning.

Of course, whether or not anything is worth it all depends on the situation. Are RJs worth it? Are MAs worth it? Is running a long elaborate route worth it? Is passing the flag worth it?...

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
except be good at D, since llamas are quite easy to stop ;)

I feel like you get a better boost from a stand still if you combo rather than just aim behind and rocketjump. It can be quite useful if you're midfield and see that you can stop a capper from there rather than respawning.
Considering you get a significantly larger boost from a combo than a RJ, it should give you a better boost from standstill. :p

Redvan

Private Tester
Considering you get a significantly larger boost from a combo than a RJ, it should give you a better boost from standstill. :p
ahh... cool. Yeah, thought it felt like that, but, i never bothered to stop and actually compare

Haptic

I would like to see a reverse grenade jump od grab. In other words, fly a bit over the base, spin 180 and throw a grenade out behind you at an upwards angle, shoot it so you are now angling down towards the flag, spin back around 180 and od grab the flag.

TheWimp

Yes, because shooting yourself to 10% health after grabbing the flag is such a smart idea.
Yeah more like greater than 50% and under 10 seconds to get back to their base.

Yes and unfortunately you can't do anything about it!

Oh the whole everyone can do it so it's balanced and public games are just bad argument. I watch the best cappers get HUGELY better, the llamas get worse and maps are slightly worse. Zenith was always a pain to catch cappers that didnt overdrive and now they can change their direction after a grab and head right back to their base with crazy stupid angles and speed. Frost is now a huge llama fest like moonshine and nivosis used to be with heavy capping and moonshine aqnd niv are even worse than before. So congrats on defending something when you are in the honeymoon phase. And dont try the whole blah blah blah dont play public only play pickup games, cuz that is a dumb response.

Disci

Old man
I'd suggest you to think over how you play currently and try to adapt to the changes that are made to the game. That's actually a good advice since lots of new stuff are coming and people really need to adapt to it if they wanna get better at what they are doing.

D got a really big puff right there after grens came out and if you have missed that then I can't help you much.