A way to cancel the Flag throw once you start holding Q

Pushi

Often when we want to pass the flag something happens in a milisecond and we decide not to, but we have to keep holding Q in sticky situations not to throw it, A way to cancel the Flag throw would come in usefull.

yami

Private Tester
ive also had this problem, to the point where it came to trying to ski and fight and evade chasers while making sure i kept q held down, which is a real hassle. i dont know if it is because i'm used to it, but the old system of switching to the flag throw option and then using shoot button to throw seemed a lot better. i see how streamlining the process can make it quicker and easier, the one button throwing lead me to commit a lot of errors where i was accidentally dropping the flag.

also with the old method you could cancel the throw when you were holding down your shoot button by switching weapons.

there should at least be an option to use the old way if people truly believe that one button throwing is better

Dacil

haha i accidentally dropped it quite a lot today too, and i agree with the option of having a way to cancel it or if you'd rather have the one button instant, if that's possible...it'd be coolio

Disci

Old man
I like it. You can push the button down keep fighting and it's ready to be tossed away once my health goes down to critical point.

Pushi

Theres a difference between droping the flag and charging it few secs for a further throw. Plenty of things can happen in those few secs, I ended up gettind my "d" finger busy with holding Q for several times, and its hard to control wsad with only 2 fingers, this isnt a demand only a suggestion that could come in handy when you have some extra free time on your hands.

Frost

instead of just putting never in bold letters could you tell us why you don't like that old way so much that you wouldnt even make it an option for people that want it, and why you think the new way is better?
The old way causes code problems/it's complex or so I was told. Mabel can surely give a more detailed response

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The flag is part of the inventory system now, which is why you only have to press 1 button. If we added things you would have to either have a new keybind for flag/items (bad idea), and then hold down fire , or you would have to cycle through a mass of items to select your what you wanted to use. In a fast game like legions it becomes very annoying when you want to use something *now* and have to hit multiple buttons in consecutive order.

Adding new keybinds for everything is going to be a problem in the future. So we looked at it and decided it was less work for us, it made the most sense to new players and allows for faster reactions.

There's your answer.

Since situations will pop up where mid charge you will decide that no you shouldn't throw the flag, I'd suggest that you make it so if the button is held down for more than say 5 seconds (not that number specifically, just the number it takes to reach full charge plus a few seconds, so, perhaps closer to 8), then the command times out, and to throw it you have to charge again.
i respectfully disagree

no shutting the door once said horse has bolted
Are you saying that if you hold a tennis ball, pull your arm back to throw it, you can't just bring your arm forward again without throwing it? This is the situation you're describing. The ball is the flag. To throw something, you bring your arm back so you can do a larger arc, therefore greater acceleration and therefore a longer throw (the charge), and then when you throw you bring your arm forward fast and let go (when you release Q). Since the whole time you have Q pressed, your fingers are still gripping the flag, it makes sense that you can simply not let go.

Homingun

I felt the new method was more streamlined. If you want to pass, you just have to press one button and hold it longer for a farther toss.

I think the problem comes in when you want to cancel your throw charge. There should be some way to cancel it.