Winter Melt feedback

Poponfu

Lead Developer
We played 2 pugs on this last night and I think the reaction was overall very positive.. people had ideas for changes though. If anyone wants to actually post what they said here so Defender can do it , please do.

nil

Private Tester
Fix trees. (Remove collision with leaves.)

Most of the complains seemed to be about the base. A lot of people had problems with the stand and base. They want the stand to be a larger so that splash from rockets hitting the top of the stand room does not impact a capper going for the flag.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Fix trees. (Remove collision with leaves.)

Defender you should just turn off polysoup on those and use a invisible proxy for collision where the trunk is. Ill see about getting the shape updated to it has correct collision but that dev is away.

Defender

Hi, all....
When I made this simple map, I never thought it would get added to the game.
Sounds good, I will make the stands bigger and turn off polysoup, and make any change you guys want..

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Hi, all....
When I made this simple map, I never thought it would get added to the game.
Sounds good, I will make the stands bigger and turn off polysoup, and make any change you guys want..

Send me a convo with the updated version whenever.

Alot of people said also that the hill the base is currently on should be lower to the ground and flatter on top. I dunno about that though without knowing what would happen around it.

One personal one.. I think that hill on beta infront of the base is too steep and deep for how close it is to the next one. Makes for crater damage if you try to boost up it or go into it fast.

Last edited:

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I was a little weary of it after the first game.

But after 2 games, I really like the map, some minor touch-ups and I think it will be great.

Fixious

Test Lead
Trees are the biggest thing I can think of. There was an issue with OOB grid visibility but that was already fixed (for me and Pop at least...). I guess the stand could be scaled up a bit as well.

Defender

Would you guys like me to have the flags out in the open, on a deck like frostbite?
And make the bases bigger and add a tower next to it like frostbite?
I will make some fast changes and post some pictures shortly this afternoon..

Fixious

Test Lead
Honestly, I think you should just try scaling up the flag stand/tower up 2x for now and see how it goes.

nV6hr67.jpg

Wfkxg18.jpg

Jello

Contributor
This is the best I could get it, I tried smoothing it out more but It would mess it up, If you dont like it then ok. If that part wasnt meant to change then whoops.

Legions 2014-01-31 20-18-23-09.png
Legions 2014-01-31 20-18-27-31.png Legions 2014-01-31 20-18-41-17.png Legions 2014-01-31 20-18-47-87.png

Last edited:

Defender

Defender

Before I do anything else, what do you guys think of my new base design?
I also turned off polysoup on all trees, rocks..
Am thinking about adding some more trees, and even flowers from grassy...

Last edited: