Welp, Disney does it again...

Fixious

Test Lead
xcmP1.gif

Pure

If they fail they'll ruin so many childhoods it's not even funny, mine as well. *dance* me I'm scared for them.

Fixious

Test Lead
I don't see how it can end up pleasing Star Wars fans. The original actors won't come back, both because they're frankly too old and some don't want to be associated with the franchise, which is an automatic fail. I guess they could pull a Tron Legacy and CGI their 'younger' faces in, but I doubt they'd even come back for voice work. Bringing in new actors to play Han, Luke, Leia, etc, will be horrible unless they use unknowns. Focusing on an entirely different group of characters that we haven't seen before (possibly from the novels) might work, but ignoring the key characters from the movies just seems odd and I don't see how they can pull it off.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
jesus... Disney owns so much *chocolate cookies*. Soon they are gonna turn into a corrupted corporation. (They dont seem to be now, but *dance*)

I cant wait so see what they do, but its getting crazy with what they are buying.

Severance

Private Tester
I don't see how it can end up pleasing Star Wars fans. The original actors won't come back, both because they're frankly too old and some don't want to be associated with the franchise, which is an automatic fail. I guess they could pull a Tron Legacy and CGI their 'younger' faces in, but I doubt they'd even come back for voice work. Bringing in new actors to play Han, Luke, Leia, etc, will be horrible unless they use unknowns. Focusing on an entirely different group of characters that we haven't seen before (possibly from the novels) might work, but ignoring the key characters from the movies just seems odd and I don't see how they can pull it off.

That could be cool. I'd love to see more on the Mandalorians

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
Am I the only one who's pretty excited about the possibilities? I mean Star Wars is like this hugenormous universe filled with things like lightsabers and force powers, and it's all prepped and ready for adventures. And Disney made Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'm pretty sure they're down for coming up with amazing characters and putting them in the bizarre/awesome situations afforded by such a universe. Also, if they make something awful you can ignore it (or at least try to geez), and if they make something amazing you can enjoy it and feed it to your childhood and make it stronger so it doesn't shrivel up and get molested every time you catch a glimpse of Anakin crying.

Freeman

RAYTANG
i think this will be a good thing. a lot of people were already bashing george lucas for his directing/writing skills anyways, so it'll be interesting to see who they bring in now.

also this:
J.J. Abrams directed the latest Star Trek movie, and it was AWESOME. Abrams has stated that he grew up on Star Wars, not Star Trek, and he wanted the new Star Trek to be reminiscent of Star Wars. He understood what made Star Wars good and he did it to Star Trek. George is not going to be directing Episode 7 (he will be a creative consultant). It will be a younger director. A director that grew up with Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie. Do you see where I'm going with this? The love of Star Wars made Star Trek an awesome thing. Can you imagine what the pure, unadulterated love of Star Wars will do to Star Wars? Mark my words. In the right hands, this movie won't just be good. It'll be great. And Disney is good at putting things in the right people's hands. Joss Whedon and the Avengers, for example.

edit:
I cant remember where i saw it, but one article or something said that hamill, ford and fisher would be interested in coming back. luke could be on dat jedi council

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
J.J. Abrams directed the latest Star Trek movie, and it was AWESOME. Abrams has stated that he grew up on Star Wars, not Star Trek, and he wanted the new Star Trek to be reminiscent of Star Wars.

My response:

Mr. Monogon

To think, they DID gave the world Pirates of the Caribbean... Like a healthy horse, then as a dead horse in a sequel... then a Jesus horse in "At World's End"... then as a dead horse again in the 4th...

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
I actually had a party that was "Rule 34 Themed" on Friday for belated Hallows Eve.

Upon hearing the news, I dropped my Optimus Prime costume (basically just a Prime T-shrit and a cardboard cutout of the trailer for my wang) and tried to organise a Stormtropper helm and gimp suit, then find a friend to dress up as Leather Clad Mimmi Mouse complete riding crop so we could go as a set.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a Stormtrooper helmet, I'd lost the cardboard wang trailer so I just went as one of the Village People.