Trailer on homepage

HellzHere

Oh yea its yours lol. Why is it so bad. It shows some nice gameplay, good music and the writing like "freedom of movement returns" with a awsome background just adds to the spice :)

Siantlark

Interesting idea. Interesting trailer too except I noticed that he (Or she if I'm wrong) was using some of the downgraded graphics that you can get on Legions.

Now you can go and play the "If someone is playing a game for the graphics then they aren't a real gamer!" card on me, but it needs to show that a game is also visually appealing to attract people who stumble on to this site and actually have interests in playing the game.

And I'm probably dwelling on the negative side of things here too. The trailer was a very neat concept very cool and didn't come of as a skill montage as some other trailer concepts do. So I would vote for a trailer on the front page if not this one.

EDIT:Ah so it's A2.

I thought it was good.

A2

I'd rather make a new one with Legions Overdrive out. Wait. That gives me an idea.

AND WHO IS SHE?

Siantlark

Srry... Didn't know what gender you were.

Like Dacil. A little. I think it was her. Wait...

MY BRAIN IS SO CONFUSED INTERNET!

stefygraff

Private Tester
A trailer on homepage is a good idea, but it must be official product by Developer Team, this is just a great fan-made trailer. Also, it shouldn't have any related footage from FE:L, we are L:O now, we must be original!

Reactions: Sin

A2

Exactly. That was just a fan-made trailer by some douche (see what i did there?). I'm also curious to know if the devs/mods are working on something like this.

HellzHere

In my opinion it doesn't matter if the devs or a community guy makes a the homepage trailer.

A trailer on homepage is a good idea, but it must be official product by Developer Team, this is just a great fan-made trailer. Also, it shouldn't have any related footage from FE:L, we are L:O now, we must be original!

L:O is not that much different from FE:L as it stands right now, sure there may be a differences, but overall they both have the same gameplay. The diffrences are very small and unnoticable in my opinion.

Siantlark

It's not like anyone can tell....

/Signed.

stefygraff

Private Tester
It's not like anyone can tell....

Can you make an original Nike product? Who gives you the right to do that?
~same problem here, you need to be licensed for something like this

In my opinion it doesn't matter if the devs or a community guy makes a the homepage trailer.

L:O is not that much different from FE:L as it stands right now, sure there may be a differences

It's a bit more than a little difference , if you want an original and good quality video, stick to the new Legions, not the old one!

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I believe the devs are trying to plump Legions up a bit before they think about external advertising, which is exactly the sort of thing a trailer's used for. There are certainly a variety of fan-made trailer concepts floating around, but (and I mean absolutely no offense to anyone when I say this) none of them represent the sort of quality a development team would want to showcase. This isn't a fault of the concepts -- they were all made with footage pulled off other YouTube videos, and were the work of community members who were trying to tone their metaphorical video-making muscles a bit.

If we want high-quality trailer material, it means waiting. Waiting for more fine control over HUD elements so we can remove them; waiting for a spectator mode we can use to track other players or move freely around maps; waiting for PUG servers whose administrative controls can be temporarily co-opted by a "director" and his or her "actors" to film scripted footage.

Sin

Private Tester
I noticed some flaws, the quality being one, and the sound didn't have the most amazing crisp to it. Great vid though. And yea, I don't think technically the community can claim this, the devs need to approve it/make an official one.