Requesting simple projectiles and NO sound for clusters.

rock

I would like to see if anyone has the capability to make an extremely simple projectile for clusters and to eliminate the sound from them (noticed the lag from clusters is usually related to a close range detonation and could be sound related).

RedInk

Haha leave Whoopass alone, he is just doing his "job".
When I get home after school(last day) I will make the cluster images and sounds for ya rock.

EDIT: Done!

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
blah, yeah sound can be part of that considering each cluster going off same time. Theres already new textures for it but your not aloud to have it yet:p

i doubt editing the sound file will bog it down, you can try making the audio file really quick which might help greatly. But each round makes a noise probably when they go off same time makes it worse.

The new explosion will have less useless particles but same amount of clusters... which should help.

blah, yeah sound can be part of that considering each cluster going off same time. Theres already new textures for it but your not aloud to have it yet:p

i doubt editing the sound file will bog it down, you can try making the audio file really quick which might help greatly. But each round makes a noise probably when they go off same time makes it worse.

The new explosion will have less useless particles but same amount of clusters... which should help.

it'd be cool to have GL cluster varients, like wide-spread, close spread, and regular. or high damage fragments, but few particles, or much more particles, but significantly less damage.

also, do you know why cluster fragments just stay in a clump after being released right when it hits a wall? O-o (ball of fire! :D)

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
hmmmmmmm that sounds like an over looked script problem. Id have to try it myself to make sure.. basically it wont spread after being bounced from a wall right?

EDIT: the grenade might be considered live after it bounces from wall. which is probably why it behaves that way.

RedInk

Done.
I am having trouble with the packages, so this will have to do.

Don't extract into "live". Just extract onto desktop.
You'll have to manually cut and paste them into the correct files.

sounds location:
Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\sound\weapons\GrenadeLauncher

particles location:
Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data\shapes\particles

Attachments

• whole set.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 11

RedInk

Cluster sound is also used as death sound.
?? EDIT: Oh gotcha;)
Well these are the files I know are the sounds for cluster nade.

Bomblette_Burst
Bomblette_Explode00
Bomblette_Explode01
Bomblette_Explode02

I just have to snip snip.

Disci

Old man
Entire both. That's the sound I hear when someone is either dying or I get spammed by clusters. I know cos I've edited my death sound to Warsow death sound.

rock

Thank you so much RedInk for helping us out.... now if the game would just stop crashing I could test it out...

RedInk

Whoops, I'll have to change my download host!
Rock received a virus from Version 2.0! D: Stupid MediaFire!
I'll just make a .zip file and upload from my desktop.
Here you go!

Attachments

• L_Lite_Pack.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 4