Radar/Map

One thing that was in all tribes games was the radar in one your corners and a map if you hit a certain button,
I would find the new radar useful to be toggled for only 1 or both to be on.
Usefulness:
I don't have to keep turning in circles to look for someone right under/above me.
You have a bird's eye view of everything.
So you don't dive bomb down the wrong hill for the flag.

These are just little things that could make gameplay better.

Just a thing I always wanted, but didn't feel like posting about.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Been suggested before, but I'm not sure what the verdict was. Would certainly make finding incoming cappers easier.

DKnight556

Might help. Could also be abused by Hofs and defenses thus making the game even more unbalanced. I think it would get in the map would get in the way.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
there looking for way to fix the map bug, basically theres a way to render the map from above and scale it down so that it could be used for radar, command screen etc. I can tell you something might be in the works, but whether or not they get around to it we will have to see.

edit: it does already exist according to legions editor, but again it has bugs.

Siantlark

I think I heard Mabel saying somewhere that the thing was buggy and they could spend time developing it on developing something more important.

Kissyface_r0x

Private Tester
iffs + your eyes = radar
I agree with dknight. Radar would just mean more hud clutter and less skill required to spot incoming cappers.

iffs + your eyes = radar
I agree with dknight. Radar would just mean more hud clutter and less skill required to spot incoming cappers.
However, Kissy, radar shows people behind you, whereas you can't see out the back of your head.
Yes, there's those little icon's on the side of the screen, but if you have a big screen like me, it's usually too far out to be bothered glancing to side, searching for an icon which in all probability is going to be difficult to see, and then going, oh whoops, I ran into a wall.

Lin

If anybody here's played practically any rts, i.e. starcraft/warcraft, they'll understand the concept of fog of war. basically, the map starts out black. There is a bit of a radius around you where the map is bright and enemy players/ assets are visible on the map. Any area that has been traversed already but is no longer immediately around you will be greyed out, showing only terrain and stationary assets. Depending on how they implement it, there is sometimes teammate vision, where the area surrounding any teammates will also be bright and visible on the minimap. Basically it gives you coverage over yourself, visibility wherever your team is, and something for a scouting class to actually do, while not revealing everything everywhere.

Mhi200

^ Imo the best version of that would be, the whole map (tries to think of a word) ...mapped... (No black area), but fog of war that is lifted around any friendlies, perhaps with a radius bonus to outrider.

Fixious

Test Lead
playlegions.jpg

Lin

^ Imo the best version of that would be, the whole map (tries to think of a word) ...mapped... (No black area), but fog of war that is lifted around any friendlies, perhaps with a radius bonus to outrider.
So you mean the way league of legends handles it, where it shows terrain and stationary structures but not enemies or deployables unless they happen to be within the sight range of you or an ally

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Mabel's actually said on TS once that they had a radar and it was sick. I'm not sure if it's on the table right now, but it's definitely feasible.

Created

However, Kissy, radar shows people behind you, whereas you can't see out the back of your head.
Yes, there's those little icon's on the side of the screen, but if you have a big screen like me, it's usually too far out to be bothered glancing to side, searching for an icon which in all probability is going to be difficult to see, and then going, oh whoops, I ran into a wall.
Not to mention half of those icons are from players miles away that got spotted by allies. I've chased ghosts so many times already :|