Public Test : Missing People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixious

Test Lead
AF9fzBB.png

Further action may be taken to encourage more traffic on the public test server.

k e v i n

Private Tester
AF9fzBB.png

Further action may be taken to encourage more traffic on the public test server.

i'm afraid to ask "like what"?:confused::eek:
but yea, public test should get a bit more used since it would be good to have more public feedback
i usually join whatever server that already has people:oops:

Maxter

I'll have to assume that people do not get on the test servers because they want to have a quick game or two and get out, most of the time. We get Elegiac and all of sudden we got the turrets, boost pads, reactors etc, which makes everyone want to go Engineer and mess around.

I'm always up for a proper game in that server though.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
This same phenomenon happened with 1.3.. the update with loadouts/warp and the such. I don't see it as much a problem except coming up soon we might need to do some debugging for crashes. Hopefully can just get everyone in hotswap to come though if that's the full one at the time.

Armageddon

Teapot
I played it for a few days and most of the time it was choppy and/or crashed during a match so i'm waiting until it's live.

Royalty

The Aussie
EXACTLY.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I GET ON TO LEGIONS I ASK PEOPLE TO GO TO PUBLIC TEST WITH ME.
BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Whenever I've tried Public Test, I feel too heavy, even for Outrider. Movement is not fluid either. It's kind of like a cartoon with too low of a frame rate. Also, missiles/projectiles have a different feel to them on delivery that will take some getting used to. (I'm talking about the all new map only). The Frostbite and Elgiac Public Test maps work great... Still trying to figure out whats' going on in the all new map! I think maybe people are a little hesitant to play on the all new map because this game takes a long time to get to be a good player, and the different feel causes people to not play quite as well so they would rather go play on the live version where they know they can kick some butt. The all new map has killer graphics/GUI, very impressive, great artwork, and well thought out, but I can't play on it worth a @**%, so I don't stay for too long before going on a live server. I appreciate all time and effort from everyone to bring something of this magnitude to life, so I wan't to make it clear that I'm not complaining, and the only reason I wrote the formentioned was because it is my understanding that you guys didn't know why more people weren't playing on the new version, and wanted some feedback so you could figure out why. By the way, is Legions Overdrive (the way it is now), going to continue to be available to play, as well as the new version? Hope I didn't irritate anyone with this message, just trying to help!

Fixious

Test Lead
I have noticed movement seems different on the new map, but I think that's due to the map being fairly large and can mess with your sense of speed/movement. Nothing related to base player movement, speed or projectiles has been touched in the new updates. Outriders move just as fast as they do on Frostbyte.

Grassy (or Sanctuary) can be a bit demanding for lower-end machines, and is actually one of the reasons why it was darkened. It was originally a bit brighter. The map is getting a second polish pass however, which may or may not help things.

As far as I'm aware, L:O will be available to play alongside the new game. I haven't heard of any plans to shut it down.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
This same phenomenon happened with 1.3.. the update with loadouts/warp and the such. I don't see it as much a problem except coming up soon we might need to do some debugging for crashes. Hopefully can just get everyone in hotswap to come though if that's the full one at the time.

^ test = test. It's not supposed to be the new version yet. This really is the exact same situation as 1.3 except with 6x more content. So the people who are ready to play with bugs /still balancing content / unfinished art are chomping at the bit : ) That's never the majority from my experience last/this patch though. Patience my friends.

we'll trot Seymour out into the test server, blog that he's out in the wild, and have a influx of female testers.

SNAKEOPS

What? That's never been the case in my experience really. In the past, everyone scrambled to get into the test server that it was usually full with 20/20. And we would all just watch Shaska, Jicker, Envy warp, pass, warp across the map. In every single patches in the past, everyone loved it. But, now it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Also, I don't recall a thread asking for more players in the test server in the past either. I'm just saying that the low number of players testing the new contents should be an indication to the developers.

Edit: Since there's no map or game modes feedback, I'll just drop this in here. The new rabbit modes are confusing to a lot of people, in this case shouldn't be a surprise. There's a large amount of players that can't even touch the flag in normal rabbit mode, there's pretty much next to nothing of a chance they'll understand the new ones.

The new green map (Sorry that I don't have the name, but I hope you guys know what I'm talking about) is really dark and I can't see the ground well enough so I crater often. And for some reason, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the graphics have gone down, even though I use the same resolution, 1600x900. Also, I would like to zoom in on my Outrider?

Also, I can't see my jet, even though I turn it on. There seems to be only 1 option for the jet, instead of the normal 2 that is in live.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
What? That's never been the case in my experience really. In the past, everyone scrambled to get into the test server that it was usually full with 20/20. And we would all just watch Shaska, Jicker, Envy warp, pass, warp across the map. In every single patches in the past, everyone loved it. But, now it doesn't seem to be the case here.

It was like that for a week or two then went back to Hotswap occasionally filling up like now. Anyways , theres a last polish pass coming for grassy I think its been posted around a few times. We'll be sure to incorperate your guys feedback about the lighting and stuff especially.

I agree about the camera distance thing , I play at 130 fov myself and think it feels much further away.

SNAKEOPS

It was like that for a week or two then went back to Hotswap occasionally filling up like now. Anyways , theres a last polish pass coming for grassy I think its been posted around a few times. We'll be sure to incorperate your guys feedback about the lighting and stuff especially.

I agree about the camera distance thing , I play at 130 fov myself and think it feels much further away.

Can you explain how we help by participating in Hotswap test server?

Status
Not open for further replies.