PrObLeM

trevor

so. i went of the custom map section and downloaded a few maps. I oculd chose them but it would never load. someone told me i had to go on a regular map and then change it to one of them. well. now when i click on change game and select one of the custom maps it loads but then says i dont have the correct version of legions. then someone else told me i had to get an art pack to be able to play it. is it true. If so where do i download them. so they cost money. or can i do something else that is easier

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
The art packs dont cost money, they're already included in the download files for custom maps, atleast they are in the ones I downloaded.
Make sure you extract every file that comes in the download to the right folder, you could be misplacing one file that is needed to run the map.
Experiment with one custom map, extract everything properly, paste the files into its relevant folders. Load legions, create a game, choose one of the original maps, and then use the in-game admin access to change the map to the custom map you installed.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Ok. So you'll download the map you want, extract the files onto your desktop. Now go here 'Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data'. You should see many folders, such as 'missions, skies, terrains...'.
Go back to the desktop where you extracted all the custom map files you downloaded, and open the folder. If the map creator has added other content to the map such as terrains, and skies, you should see folders named in such a way.
Find folders that have the same names as the one's in your Legions Overdrive directory. So, with the custom map missions files, you copy and paste them into the Legions Overdrive directory as is suitable.

You copy paste all the files you find in the custom map download into its relevant folders in the Legions Overdrive directory.

trevor

Ok. So you'll download the map you want, extract the files onto your desktop. Now go here 'Legions Overdrive\live\legions\data'. You should see many folders, such as 'missions, skies, terrains...'.
Go back to the desktop where you extracted all the custom map files you downloaded, and open the folder. If the map creator has added other content to the map such as terrains, and skies, you should see folders named in such a way.
Find folders that have the same names as the one's in your Legions Overdrive directory. So, with the custom map missions files, you copy and paste them into the Legions Overdrive directory as is suitable.

You copy paste all the files you find in the custom map download into its relevant folders in the Legions Overdrive directory.
whats my legions directory?