• Longer

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Same

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Shorter

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters

Homingun

Just wanted to get a feel for what people think about the current respawn times.

I personally think they are a bit short. I find 2 good heavies combined with the 3 second invulnerability time can hold the flag almost indefinitely. I also find that LO is extremely hard to do since any distracted/killed defense can get back on stand very quickly. This doesn't help curb bowl parties either.

Maybe up it to 5 seconds?

Edit: clarity

Redvan

Private Tester
I wouldn't mind upping the respawn time by a sec and reducing invulnerability by a second.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yes, short spawn times are really annoying me as LO

Facing two people, kill one, then the other is back to join the fight incredible soon. There should be a penalty for dying. Simple as.

Heartsong

. There should be a penalty for dying.

The only people that I've found who disagree with this play dedicated chase defense.

I feel like if it's EASIER to kill yourself and respawn than to regenerate life while in your own base, something is wrong.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
I feel like if it's EASIER to kill yourself and respawn than to regenerate life while in your own base, something is wrong.

Because it is? The time it takes you to hit Ctrl + K and then 3.25 seconds to respawn. Still much faster than healing even half health.

Redvan

Private Tester
Because it is? The time it takes you to hit Ctrl + K and then 2.5 3.25 seconds to respawn (unless they changed it and I didn't notice). Much faster than healing even half health.
reread his sentence and you'll notice it :)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I like the times as they are now. And while I do play chase a lot, I do also play stay at home and when my lags not bad, occasionally go capping or HoF.

Mhi200

Apart from one game today (flag passing practice for the omnis on Def
biggrin.png
), I don't think the respawn time needs a change... it only went down because people thought it was too long.

Mabeline

God-Tier
I wouldn't mind having the flag remove invulnerability too while we're at it.
Code:
function CtfGame::onPlayerTouchFlag( %this, %player, %flag )
{
  [snip]
  %this.cancelInvincibility(%player);
  [snip]
  return true;
}
I mean really, who do you think I am?

DOS4/GW

Could respawn times be made relative to the size of the map? Frostbite = 5 seconds, Bladerun = 8, etc? You know, because respawn rates would affect an LO more depending on how quickly he could get back to the enemy base.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Could respawn times be made relative to the size of the map? Frostbite = 5 seconds, Bladerun = 8, etc? You know, because respawn rates would affect an LO more depending on how quickly he could get back to the enemy base.

This idea has merit.

fatboy

I agree two Sentinels flag passing during standoff is over powered, although I don't think the problem is respawn times as a whole, but how you spawn in as your selected class.

Dedicated chase defense, cappers and LO cannot afford to lose a second on maps like Frost just to curb Sent passing. Possible solutions without getting into the whole base assets conversation would be:

-limit the amount of certain classes (kind of lame)
-dynamic spawn times for certain classes (kludge)
-some kind of asset similar to the ammo station that must be touched in order to change class, or once you have changed class before changes take effect (I think I saw something similar to this being tested in one of morna's pug videos)

The problem right now is anyone on the map can quickly respawn as Sent, and in 3 seconds they are at the base aiding the defense. I don't think increasing that number across the board is a solution with some flag to flag routes already taking about as long as respawning.

Don't even get me started on front OD routes and health regen.