New HUD! need help from coders

Nem

hi everyone this is my "3D hud" that i been working on, i have used Photoshop to get it done
but now i just got stuck, because i have no idea in how to modify the CS files.
any help it's pretty Welcome. ( original-PNG 1280 x 720 px )
LegionsHUDNEW-NEM.png

Propkid

I wish I could help, this HUD looks amazing.
Just a suggestion: flip the health and energy bars (mirrors reflection them), they seem a bit off.

Reactions: Nem

U8er

Awesome work aesthetically, though it does obstruct your view a tad. I would love to use it if the HUD elements were smaller. :)

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
some of that is doable, the hard part would be getting the text to skew to match the hud which i think would become an issue. Unfortunately you wont be able to use those health and energy bars in circular pattern.

RedInk

Wow, love the angle thing with the top corner display objectives, it gives the hud depth.

Also, is that a cOmpass at the very bottom of the screen with the yellow tics? EDIT: Ok thanks Arch, i see it now:)

Arch

Legions Developer
Wow, love the angle thing with the top corner display objectives, it gives the hud depth.
Also, is that a cOmpass at the very bottom of the screen with the yellow tics?
It's the map. The lights on the wires.

Royalty

The Aussie
Great work! Just a few suggestions and things I noticed:
  • You spelt Alpha wrong
  • Make the Health & Energy Bars Smaller

Nem

Great work! Just a few suggestions and things I noticed:
  • You spelt Alpha wrong
  • Make the Health & Energy Bars Smaller

i'm a Spanish speaker too ( alpha=alfa ), well in that moment was all about the design:rolleyes:

some of that is doable, the hard part would be getting the text to skew to match the hud which i think would become an issue. Unfortunately you wont be able to use those health and energy bars in circular pattern.

Right now i'm getting into CS files to see what i can dig :D

Arch

Legions Developer
The two things that I can see that would be difficult/cannot be done is making the health and energy bars empty in a circular motion and skewing the HUD elements. Everything else can be done through images and scripting.

Nem

well this may help you guys to understand how the animation scrip should work on the energy and health bars,
instead of follow a line or a vector it will be a........ well see it for your self

this might solve the skew text, i mean the video above should show a way to change the " in command line text " for a png image ( every number and word or letter will be an image ), yes! lots of line commands :eek: ...i guess.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
this might solve the skew text, i mean the video above should show a way to change the " in command line text " for a png image ( every number and word or letter will be an image ), yes! lots of line commands :eek: ...i guess.

yes after all said in done with letters and numbers you probably going end up with a thousand lines of code to do simple functions on screen. Good luck my friend:(

Nem

yes after all said in done with letters and numbers you probably going end up with a thousand lines of code to do simple functions on screen. Good luck my friend:(

i need a reference guide to know how the code works, i mean what does "%", "::" means ect. and then the sentences to understand the algorithm.
this is a big challenge and most important, i like it! just hope to don't have to drop the towel very soon.....please, help me mate, i'm not doing this for fun, money, or self satisfaction, it's becouse i like it and love to see how it works in game. Any way, cheers up!, and have a nice day my friend.:)

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
theres tutorials on torque script and/or database of all the variables.... google it that should help you out

Armageddon

Teapot
Thats going to take a lot of time if you plan on using images in that way, the game measures health and energy from 1-100%. If you do it to were it rounds up or down then the player will never know for sure how much of each they have, so that idea is out. IMO not worth the time to figure out. But it does look nice.

Nem

thank you guys, i'm getting along with the torque scrip, for now i been modifying the hudElements.cs file on Dreamwever, now i know that every image is a box, uhmm well not a box just a square or rectangle in "2D" and then another little thinks that made think, "i can read the code and understand it !" for now i'll keep skewing images without getting out of the containers to make them match in multiple ways.

Well here it is, a modification that i made to the topFrameContainer and BaseContainer using the script and Photoshop.
It's deeper :D ( original 1280 x 720 px ).
have a nice day !
Legions2011-10-0309-23-05-91.png

theres tutorials on torque script and/or database of all the variables.... google it that should help you out
thank you i'm skewing to WoopAss...lol

Nem

id get rid of the strokes and use soft glows... also don't overlay the hud elements
thanx i'm gonna change the blending options i guess the point is to make it look like a transparent holographic display and then make the elements to pop out.

here is a test a bit fun

Arch

Legions Developer
thank you guys, i'm getting along with the torque scrip, for now i been modifying the hudElements.cs file on Dreamwever, now i know that every image is a box, uhmm well not a box just a square or rectangle in "2D" and then another little thinks that made think, "i can read the code and understand it !" for now i'll keep skewing images without getting out of the containers to make them match in multiple ways.

Well here it is, a modification that i made to the topFrameContainer and BaseContainer using the script and Photoshop.
It's deeper :D ( original 1280 x 720 px ).
have a nice day !
Legions2011-10-0309-23-05-91.png
I would suggest on using matching layer styles. All three of the panels look like they have a different style.