My rule and I hope you learn it

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellzHere

If there is a score difference of 5+, you swap to the losing team

its not even that hard, just came off a frostbyte game with a score of 10-1...and I was the only one who swapped when it was 6-1...and I kept telling them to even the teams a little, but they didn't do nothing. But the suprising thing is, atleast half the players were decent enough and should be able to realise the teams fail when its 7-1 atleast....

They were capping so fast, game ended within a few mins....

I remember MJ thread about team balance, and I almost remember him saying "that its not the noobs fault for team balance sucking, pros should realise the teams suck and switch also" or something like that....

Moji

I thought your rule was to instantly start bitching about whatever you don't like in the current server and then insult the NA servers while talking about why eu servers are better. But as far as balancing goes? Yeah I feel you. I try to get people to even the teams and then after they are balanced I get people talking *chocolate cookies* to me about how they aren't stacked. Well no *chocolate cookies* they aren't after people start changing teams.

I only play about an hour a day because the majority of the community gives me such a headache, so many hypocrites. At least my rage and trolling is consistent.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
If there is a score difference of 5+, you swap to the winning team

Given the rest of the content of your post, I think you might have misspoke, and so changed it to "swap to the losing team." If i shouldn't have, let me know.

[Edit: Moji, let's try not to ignite ourselves, here. It's Saturday! Everyone gets to be happy on a Saturday!]

poiuyt580

Given the rest of the content of your post, I think you might have misspoke, and so changed it to "swap to the losing team." If i shouldn't have, let me know.

[Edit: Moji, let's try not to ignite ourselves, here. It's Saturday! Everyone gets to be happy on a Saturday!]
lawl. But yar, this is true. I've been in several games where people switched to the losing team, or vice versa.

Propkid

I only play about an hour a day because the majority of the community gives me such a headache, so many hypocrites. At least my rage and trolling is consistent.
The actual Legions community is nice. It's just that it's all hiding on the IRC and Forums up until a PuG comes up or until they get a working PC >.<
there are some public games that end up being real even and tight competition, but these are very rare.

@Hellz
Spread the word. Let's make this the first PUB commandment :D

Dacil

yes you should switch, dont expect anything from anyone else tho...its the rule of life basically

A2

I say if one team is losing by a difference of 5 points, everyone from the other team are to switch to the losing team.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I think it'll be difficult to avoid team stacking the way it is now. I think not allowing players to switch teams if this could cause a player count inbalance would help a bit. By no means would it be a perfect solution (as individual skill levels could still be stacked) but at least you'd avoid seeing ridiculous 8 vs 3 scenarios.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
This is a good idea in theory, but say my team is winning 7-2
All of a sudden my entire team switches to the opposition
Now it's like 15 v. 1
Then players switch back and people call imbalance and then people whine and shout "TEAMS?!"
Then people ragequit because teams are stacked one way or another.
Then people go on the forums and complain about how pubs are lame because everyone always switches.
NEVER ENDING CYCLE.

tl;dr: Overall commendable but not good idea.

Dacil

Now it's like 15 v. 1
Then players switch back and people call imbalance and then people whine and shout "TEAMS?!"
Then people go on the forums and complain about how pubs are lame because everyone always switches.
NEVER ENDING CYCLE.

exactly...pubs usually suck in general, although if you're just going for "whatever i just want to have fun and play one game" its whatever

HellzHere

Now it's like 15 v. 1
NEVER ENDING CYCLE.

You saying this as if the people playing legions are retards, am sure they will not all switch at the instant, but switch one by one...and eventually the teams will be even enough to not switch

exactly...pubs usually suck in general, although if you're just going for "whatever i just want to have fun and play one game" its whatever

How exactly is it fun if the teams are so unbalanced, you can get the flag easily and get to base without taking much dmg...

Sure yea people have this mentatily, I want to have fun....but its not fun really if u think bout it

Yar, I think it'll be difficult to avoid team stacking the way it is now. I think not allowing players to switch teams if this could cause a player count inbalance would help a bit. By no means would it be a perfect solution (as individual skill levels could still be stacked) but at least you'd avoid seeing ridiculous 8 vs 3 scenarios.

I never wanted the feature to swap teams removed. People think about it from a numberwise view...but not skill. Sure 8v8 even teams number wise, but what if one team has a bunch of pros and your team are bunch of noobs. Therefore you should swap to make the teams even skill and number wise.

Only if it's a good map

No, it should be done every game,whatever the map

yes you should switch, dont expect anything from anyone else tho...its the rule of life basically

Tbh if you play with me a lot you would notice how I get pissed at certain things and reacting mad(but am not really mad) on the chat. Yea sure you cant expect anything from anyone unless you pressure them and force them to make the change.

For example when a noob would switch to the winning team and make the teams completly unbalanced, and I ask why they switch...most will give the answer "cos the team sucks". So what the teams suck, that does not give the right to just switch, and completly kill the game, If you team sucks, say it chat, notify people teams suck and pressure them to switch. But anyway I say "switch back or i will tk u the whole game" and most ofcourse dont believe this, but go on a mad one on the noob, and completely ruin his game because I am constant tking him

Ty Daphinicus, I was not thinking straight I guess :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I never wanted the feature to swap teams removed. People think about it from a numberwise view...but not skill. Sure 8v8 even teams number wise, but what if one team has a bunch of pros and your team are bunch of noobs. Therefore you should swap to make the teams even skill and number wise.

Yar, which is why I stated that it was not a perfect solution. However, I believe it's a more viable solution than expecting players to 'switch teams for the better good'. Personally, I don't take 'winning' on pubs very seriously, I'm there to have fun, socialize and hone my skills. Some matches will be better played than others; such is the case with Pubs.

And I don't really know how a 'honor system' would work out. I like to rely more on factors that we can control, ie: limiting team swaps.

I always thought the sum of the scores of the players on one team should be equal to the other team. It's impossible to have that with a scoring system like the one Legions has, but if it was possible to lock out switching when teams have scores that are close, then I think it might work well.

snob

Teams have a tendency to be uneven in public games. Always occurs, always will occur. Asking people to balance teams is subject to.... people. An automated system would work way better.

Freeman

RAYTANG
For example when a noob would switch to the winning team and make the teams completly unbalanced, and I ask why they switch...most will give the answer "cos the team sucks". So what the teams suck, that does not give the right to just switch, and completly kill the game, If you team sucks, say it chat, notify people teams suck and pressure them to switch. But anyway I say "switch back or i will tk u the whole game" and most ofcourse dont believe this, but go on a mad one on the noob, and completely ruin his game because I am constant tking him

Team killing is not the answer. You will get in trouble for team killing, even if you're trying to force him switch.

As stated before, its great that you want to switch to the losing team, but you can't expect other to follow in your foot steps.

HellzHere

Team killing is not the answer. You will get in trouble for team killing, even if you're trying to force him switch.

As stated before, its great that you want to switch to the losing team, but you can't expect other to follow in your foot steps.

Ok I guess, but the surprising thing as I said above in the first post is that atleast half of the players were decent in the game, they had a brain, they didn't play like noobs and was well onto their way to becoming pro. Sure you cant make noobs switch, but if your the type of player I just described(again atleast half of them were in the game) and you dont swap when you clearly see the teams fail epicly....what does that say?

Sure people mentatily these days, and I have seen a lot of examples of this "must win, I want to win, I dont give a *chocolate cookies* about anything else". Its a stupid mentatily, sure people might not switch cos they have this mentatily, but tbh I would rather win in a skilled difficult way then win in a few mins....

Freeman

RAYTANG
but if your the type of player I just described(again atleast half of them were in the game) and you dont swap when you clearly see the teams fail epicly....what does that say?

It says that the player either doesn't care, is lazy or just wants the map to end.

I've been in pickup games where my team was "failing epicly", despite having teams which were very even.

Propkid

This thread reminds me of what I miss from IA: the large amount of rather-unskilled players that always stack together ;D back when there was no netfix and the game was way younger you could play on eg. Quarry in a 3v8, with 2 other decent players on your team and 8 'inferiors' on the other team... 1v3 duels that you won <3

Status
Not open for further replies.