My first legions video

57thEnryu

Positive criticism
this is an oxymoron and by default requires the community to scream "stop making movies, the community is small enough without people killing themselves after watching that."

with that said (and thats not my opinion fyi), the video had some really nice moves! gj

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Judging by the way you're catching flags, most of the footage was recorded in 100-140 ping?

Good first video, maybe work on synchronizing your shots with the music. How long did it take you to record all the footage?

Vox

Judging by the way you're catching flags, most of the footage was recorded in 100-140 ping?

Good first video, maybe work on synchronizing your shots with the music. How long did it take you to record all the footage?

I had some old footage from when there was clan tags, i ended up stopping recording for a bit but once the demo system came out i was able to get more footage. Most of the footage was around 75-110 ping.

Vox

Actually, it's not. You can have positive criticism.

OT: Besides the quality and the annoying benchmark at the top, nice video.
It's supposed to go up to 1080p. You can try watching it on the actual youtube site and you can get better quality

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
It's supposed to go up to 1080p. You can try watching it on the actual youtube site and you can get better quality

Youtube might think that it's 1080p because the footage was encoded as such, but you most certainly did not record in 1080 as your monitor is not 1080 pixels in height / you haven't set legions to be 1920 * 1080 in settings.

k e v i n

Private Tester
was good...the first 12 seconds could have been a lot smoother when moving (which my be hard to do)
maybe add some effects when you blew someone up

Vox

was good...the first 12 seconds could have been a lot smoother when moving (which my be hard to do)
maybe add some effects when you blew someone up
I didn't want to overkill the video with edits and stuff like Shattered did with Dynasty 1.0
I wanted to be simple with the editing and not ruin the clips with color correction and stuff.

Vox

Youtube might think that it's 1080p because the footage was encoded as such, but you most certainly did not record in 1080 as your monitor is not 1080 pixels in height / you haven't set legions to be 1920 * 1080 in settings.
I don't have my resolution set high in game due to the fact that it kills my fps.

k e v i n

Private Tester
well the looking around part in the first 12 seconds could have also been more smoother (positive critisism);)

similar to that tribes vid...i'm only using this as an example since it's the last vid i've seen

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
How did you convert the .rec file?

Opened up .rec file through legions, fast forwarded until the shot, Frapsed the shot, take original fraps footage and throw it into AMD's video converter, upload to youtube. No editing was done to the clip and the converter is really good, taking an 1.25 gb file down to 45 mb with pretty much 0 loss of quality. Best viewing of the clip is done by selecting original in the youtube quality settings.

Arch

Legions Developer
Opened up .rec file through legions, fast forwarded until the shot, Frapsed the shot, take original fraps footage and throw it into AMD's video converter, upload to youtube. No editing was done to the clip and the converter is really good, taking an 1.25 gb file down to 45 mb with pretty much 0 loss of quality. Best viewing of the clip is done by selecting original in the youtube quality settings.
Oh.

Arch

Legions Developer
That's the only way to do it at the moment, pop hasn't got the export frames going yet.
Well, there are .rec converters but none of them do well at all, if they even work in the first place. Thought you maybe found a good one.