Moon "Colony" Map

stefygraff

Private Tester
This map has been in my project list for a week or two, but I finally got some time to fix it a bit! Throwing it out into public test, terrain is not that smooth yet and a bit flat(imo) and the texture is a bit bad(im working on that too)

As you will see im working on a moon texture and i need someone to create/find a space sky with planet Earth. Who can help me on that?

Note for everyone: Extract the "Moon" file from Terrains to your Terrains folder found at:

Public-test/legions/data/terrains (this way the map will be able to read the new texture)
*** Also there are new objects included in the "newobject" folder!
extract them to Public-test/Legions/data/interiors
Screenshot:

moon1.jpg

moon2.jpg

Im auctions for feedback, suggestions for caproutes, hills that need fix and other things related to terrain would be very helpful!

stefygraff

Private Tester
Are you stuck in your house because of the snow, Stefy?
You have too much time available for this game :confused:
As a matter of a fact, yes. Best way to make my work easyer is to test the maps ang give very good feedback over all the maps created so we can finalize them asap and play them.

I

IzRaPiDz

Nice stuff here steffy! It has some good routes. Soon, i'll be doing a map videos of all custom maps.

stefygraff

Private Tester
This looks like Moonshine, but recolored and edited a little... Intentional?

I used moonshine elements. But im thinking to remove then. Really wanted to give the map that feeling that the old moonshine had with the center part.

When the map will be finished it will look more like a colony on the moon.
But until that, lots of hills need major changes. I really dont want this map to look like moonshine nor feel like it.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
This is most certainly based off moonshine. There is a very iconic hill on the right side from alpha's perspective that is exactly like it is in moonshine only recolored.

Regardless, I don't like moonshine and I did like this map. Comments though...

• change skybox to space
  • remove fog (or at least change to grey instead of orange lol)
  • make your textures line up
  • add something to protect defense. I'm fine with it being super open, but put up some sort of wall or something to block mortar/osniper spam. Perhaps a forward slanting wall with gaps under the front of it. That way cappers could still get under it but it would provide a bit of protection for defense

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Who can make/find a new space-like sky for this map?

You if you have PS or GIMP. Start with a black background and use little white dots. Voila, instant space skybox. Either that, or just google space skybox.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would also be cool for this map and other space ones if you could replace the clouds with ships/asteroids flying overhead.

stefygraff

Private Tester
You if you have PS or GIMP. Start with a black background and use little white dots. Voila, instant space skybox. Either that, or just google space skybox.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would also be cool for this map and other space ones if you could replace the clouds with ships/asteroids flying overhead.

I really need someone to do this for me, the creator will take all the credit!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Actually, if you use Quarry's skybox and disable the clouds that should work in general for space. Perhaps desaturate the pictures a bit more. If you want some ships flying overhead, you'll need a texture artist. I mean, sure I could whip up something, but it won't be terribly pretty unless you give me a long time to do it. I'm not the best with PS.

Come to think of it.. Did OSS have it's own art pack? If so, that might have good ground textures and the type of skybox you're looking for.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Actually, if you use Quarry's skybox and disable the clouds that should work in general for space. Perhaps desaturate the pictures a bit more. If you want some ships flying overhead, you'll need a texture artist. I mean, sure I could whip up something, but it won't be terribly pretty unless you give me a long time to do it. I'm not the best with PS.

Great idea! I changed the skybox to quarry, and removed the fog; im not yet updating the current version, still need to work on texture and terrain.

Sneak peak :

skybox.jpg

If you(Volt Cruelerz) want to help out the skybox texture (doesn't matter how long it will take) just send me a pm and ill give you the current skybox files.

Currently working on: Texture fix; Terrain fix. Very soon ill delete the center objects in the favor of space and action that can be generated using that area. but i will add a few decorations and objects around the map.