Minecraft, anyone?

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Howdy, just wondering how many of you still play minecraft. I remember having some good times playing with you guys on crash's server, when IA was still alive.

I still play minecraft quite a lot now, mainly when pubs make me cry and I need some time to relax. Recently though, I've been finding constant single player getting a bit tedious. I tried a few multiplayer servers, but wasn't keen on the PvP servers or the amount of griefing that went on in most.

So I decided I should try to host my own server. I've just finished setting it up, it's PvE with perhaps a bit of RP depending on whether I get any interest. So far, this is the only place I've mentioned or posted about it.
At the moment I'm hosting it on my main box as I don't have the money to get a vps, but my computer is normally on nearly 24/7, so it should be fine with a handful of players.

The server is called Illustria.
If you'd like to join in feel free to hop on. The server IP is mc.xzmedia.co.uk
I made a very quick website over at http://mine.xzmedia.co.uk
The server chat is connected to #xzminecraft over on irc.quakenet.org
And most of the time I have a ts server running on ts3.xzmedia.co.uk

I've set up quite a lot of mods with this server, so you can lock chests, furnaces and dispensers. And if you get griefed I can easily undo the griefing. So just shout if something is wrong or not working.

Thanks for reading, maybe see you around?

Server status (a bit buggy, F5 for definite results):
hb.pyc

Screenies:

Map of the world: http://mine.xzmedia.co.uk/map.html

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yes, I've always felt what you said just there. Single player is great, but then you just get bored. I'll hop over soon.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Got on and started a mine, seems that a certain area around spawn isnt able to be destroyed/made...

EDIT: Im digging that world map, ill prolly just start running around that map.

btw, how did you get all those crazy outcroppings/ floating island stuff, I wish my SP level was that

EDIT2: needs to read moar :/

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Got on and started a mine, seems that a certain area around spawn isnt able to be destroyed/made...

Yeah, Xzanth was telling me about that. It good cause it will stop griefing around the spawn. I find that you can sometimes get round it by just repeatedly destroying/placing the block.

MightySheep

me jaz and some spring people got a nice server which has no griefers or anything

I made a mob farmer and got a large chest full of arrows :)

Xzanth

Legions Developer
http://code.google.com/p/biometerrainmod/downloads/list

Here is the link for the latest version of the terrain mod, unfortunately it's still unfinished and a couple o' features are broken.
It should have options for creating custom trees but these aren't working at the moment.
It doesn't create any trees in the single player and normal multiplayer version and only generates Notch's trees in the bukkit version.

AcidicTaco

aw yeah, minecraft! currently I run my own private server for just me and my friends, but I've also made 2 texture packs and I made the song "Minecraft, the song of WTF" which SeaNanners posted on his twitter, if you want to see any of my stuff, just type my username in on the forums

xfeight

I have played Minecraft on my friends house but it doesn't work on my PC because of "bad video card drivers". Could someone help me? If someone just can help. I have already tried to download the new video card driver with my friend but it just doesn't work. I have windows 7. So can someone help? :)

skinnyman

yh! been playin minescraft for quite a while now ... sadly the server im on is prolly gna get shut down :(....anyone know of any other good private servers?

D

Doom Of Neroflame

i feel SOO far behind right now only recently got this in last 3 weeks :( still duno what im doing half the time XD