Longest MA since the return of Legions

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Just a bit of curiosity to see how quickly people relearn Legions and get their aim back. This is just a place to post your highest distance MA during actual gameplay (sitting around with one other person trying to get a MA doesn't count). I'll start:

168m on Frostbyte with RL

If you break your own record, go ahead and post the new one. This is just to see the re-learning curve of this game.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
completely luck: 816m rocket
skill: 361m nade, 181m rocket
Alas no pics, fraps had just filled up my hard drive when I got that nade...

theGrindLab

I got one last night long range (not sure how far) with a CG last night. However, the victim was pretty well damaged before I began chase (and my success in killing him was more luck than skill). Still though, he had ot drop the flag. Haha.

Redvan

Private Tester
any "long" MA is mostly luck. The skill is knowing a very general direction to aim, which is pretty easy. The rest is luck in if it'll actually hit or not. This depends on the enemies choice of movement.

A better indication of people getting their MA skill back is in quantity of close range-mid close range MAs. Even at mid range a large majority of MAs is the enemy flying into the shot rather than the person actually knowing where to aim.

MJ1284

You people are freaky sometimes. I get excited when I get an MA.

Same :rolleyes:

All these months without Legions has taken it's toll, I'm lucky if I can hit the broad side of the barn with rockets these days... yet somehow I've managed to get couple 100+ meter/yard/inches (dunno what the heck measurements game uses) shots with luck. I'll see if I can slap together a video before new year's eve, you'll all see how my fangs have gone totally dull.

Homingun

Did you guys know that rockets have a 25% perpendicular drift depending on your perpendicular speed. So, yes long range MAs are harder than they need to be.

If you want to try it out, try aiming at one point far away and move side to side. The rockets will actually not hit the target.

Unknown

Private Tester
I chase with rockets.

52349521.jpg

qqchurch

No matter how many times I do it, I'm always a bit surprised at myself when I MA someone with rockets or nades.

I had a 139m MA nade a few games ago, 36m before that.