Llama Prevention

Basic Idea:
Prevents llamas, yet still has e-grabs.

Flag:
-You can only take it going over 88(insert unit of measurement here)
HOWEVER:
-There is a certain radius, that if there is a flag carrier within it, allows you to e-grab.

Simple as that.

poiuyt580

How about huge rainbow letters in caps saying "Please remember to llama only if needed and not for unnecessary reasons" every time someone grabs the flag under 88 (units)?

Sin

Private Tester
Or, get skilled. Llamas aren't a big deal if you have the skill to kill them, since they are going slow.

Armageddon

Teapot
I think he meant llamas that hang out at the base when the chasers and others leave (pub problem mainly). The lone llama would become turret fodder.

MJ1284

We have neither, but I hope we have SOMETHING to prevent them.
We wouldn't have this problem if:
a) SOMEONE would bother to play as Stay Home D
b) whole defense wouldn't go on chasing one llama + respawn at same time leaving base empty for another llama. It always makes me facepalm when 5 teammates respawn right after flag return & "Flag was llamaed by" pops up right afterwards.

Reactions: Sin

up_ur_guts

Yay yet another llama debate ;)
i dislike llamas as much as the rest of you but what we have to do is except the fact they will always be around us in game, especialy PUBS were there is no team tactics in place,
some of these llamas are new players so to a degree you have to expect it from them or try to teach them a few basic routes to help them along,
on the other hand there are other more experienced players that do it just to wind players up and you know who you are without names being mentioned :p

although your idea sounds nice coloredspades i dont think this would ever be brought into the game as it would put the blockers on new players and most prob put them off from returning to the game, (my suggestion would be instant death for touching the flag at any lower than that speed ;):p)

Propkid

My point of view:
Or, get skilled. Llamas aren't a big deal if you have the skill to kill them, since they are going slow.
mortar \o/
We wouldn't have this problem if:
a) SOMEONE would bother to play as Stay Home D
b) whole defense wouldn't go on chasing one llama + respawn at same time leaving base empty for another llama. It always makes me facepalm when 5 teammates respawn right after flag return & "Flag was llamaed by" pops up right afterwards.
I'm so lazy I quote instead of retyping ;p

Disci

Old man
I'd stay at home if someone could chase even a bit. I'd stay home if someone would cap even a bit. I'd stay home if someone would play LO even a bit.

Libra

i agree with you propkid, most people don't stay on the base to protect the flag if they did and were good enough to kill said lamma'er than there wouldn't be any problem

Propkid

I'd stay at home if someone could chase even a bit. I'd stay home if someone would cap even a bit. I'd stay home if someone would play LO even a bit.
So if they don't LO, cap or chase, don't they stay home?
'Disci vs the universe' in pubs every day lol