Light Pole

Jello

Contributor
Alright so I was working in Maya 2014 and I made this new street light, alright I know its all cool and stuff-or not- but I have absolutely ZERO clue how to export it. I'm making this because I might add it to a previous maps I made and I wanna see how it looks. I'm beginning to think that I cannot export this into legions, and if I cant oh well I still made it...so if anyone know a way please tell me, if you don't or its not possible please tell me, i'm guessing this would most likely be for the graphic artists/ 3D artists in legions dev team.., and all I gotta do is texture it and stuff, if anyone can help please help, if you cannot, then let me know and I'll use another program. And I'm only a beginner at 3D modelling so this is all I can manage, not really but lets stick with that.

Street Lamp.PNG

Jello

Contributor

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Wow that was from a long time ago, and that mostly covers the cores, I got halfway and the rest didnt apply to it, or it mustve been my headache that I had from the cold that made it sound all crazy but thanks for your help, I'll look through it a second time tomorrow to see if I can have a better understanding

Thats for DTS shapes which is cores and everything else thats a .dts , the maya exporter is only for 8.5 though. I have heard theres a 2012 version floating around out there though but its probably vhard to find. Blender export is probably the way you are going to wanna go if you wanna just get it done. There are tutorials out there for it, Look for 'Blender DTS export tutorial' . You will have to export your finished object as an .obj and reapply its textures however its exporter wants them setup.

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Thats for DTS shapes which is cores and everything else thats a .dts , the maya exporter is only for 8.5 though. I have heard theres a 2012 version floating around out there though but its probably vhard to find. Blender export is probably the way you are going to wanna go if you wanna just get it done. There are tutorials out there for it, Look for 'Blender DTS export tutorial' . You will have to export your finished object as an .obj and reapply its textures however its exporter wants them setup.

Alright gotcha and thanks for letting me know, I also wanted to know lets say I wanted to export an object as a .DIF, would I also use blender or another program? or Would I go about that using Constructor?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Alright gotcha and thanks for letting me know, I also wanted to know lets say I wanted to export an object as a .DIF, would I also use blender or another program? or Would I go about that using Constructor?

.dif are a different kind of model , you cant convert polygon models to this format. They have to be made in constructor / hammer etc