Legions Returns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Hello Everyone,

Over the past few months A team of dedicated community members had been working with InstantAction to bring back Legions. Given the recent news about the shutdown of IA, we were unsure whether or not we were able to continue. After carefully looking over our agreement with IA, we decided we would continue on. So, today we're ready to announce:

Legions is Coming Back!

What does this entail? In our license agreement with InstantAction we were given permission to continue developing and distributing Legions as a standalone game. No browser will be required, and the game will be free for everyone to download.

This iteration of Legions will exist under the name Legions: Overdrive and will live at LegionsOverdrive.com.

At the moment we're still busy working away getting everything ready for the big launch. Over the next few weeks we'll be giving more details on what's going on, but until then you'll probably want to check out the Frequently Asked Questions on the new website.

Xeon_Wraith

Whoa, 2 days since IA announced it was going down, the community team are already getting on to where IA left off. Man, i love this community.
(Is there an name for the team by any chance? An Community team seems an bit vague.)
Edit: Found the name, i think anyway.

(Forum-Newbie)

57thRomance

Wait a minute...
WILL THERE BE A MAC VERSION?

Mac support won’t be provided at launch. We’d like to offer a Mac build in the future, but there is currently no ETA for this support.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oh, wait a minute. I have Crossover and Crossover Games. Will either of those work with Legions?

57thRomance

Oh yah.........sry romance........*cough*shouldaboughtapc*cough*
I can't help it. I grew up on Macs, and... and... and...
Eh, I'm not even gonna bother with the PC vs Mac crap. I'll still get it to work with Crossover, so don't think I'm out of the picture guys. :cool:

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Romance, I also use Mac, and I'm probably just gonna buy Windows 7 and Boot Camp it. But if you can get it to work with Crossover, do let me know.

Ultima

Do want.
<3 Community Team, and while I wish I could donate, the possibility is a bit slim.
I'll see what I can do to help if the request is ever passed along to me.

-Ultima

Fixious

Test Lead
slow%20clap.gif

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I wish users could host, but I can see the issue.
I just got 25/25 internet, and it would beast for hosting, especially since I'm East Coast, some Euro players wouldn't get that bad ping
Oh well, SO PSYCHED LEGIONS IS BAAAAAACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.