Launcher not loading in XP

theGrindLab

Got it working fine on a Vista system but won't even load on XP system. Initially, error was displayed because .net was not installed. Installed (tried 3 different versions) and error is gone but launcher either fails to load or loads and closes without displaying an error. Might test on a Win 7 system this evening too, just to post back results.

No error log is generated (as no other files are created by the launcher).

Any ideas?

umbballer

I have WinXP with Service Pack 3 and it works fine. As for ideas, it might be specific to your computer so I might not be able to help with that.

theGrindLab

I was on XP SP2. Just updated to SP3 and it still didn't load so I tried running as admin (which I had also tried to no avail with SP2 loaded) and I got in!

Thanks for the advice.

theGrindLab

how do you run as admin?
In XP, right-click on the launcher and choose "run as...". The rest is simple. You can also create a shortcut to the launcher and set the shortcut (from it's properties/shortcut/advanced button) by choosing "run with different credentials".

Hueman

In XP, right-click on the launcher and choose "run as...". The rest is simple. You can also create a shortcut to the launcher and set the shortcut (from it's properties/shortcut/advanced button) by choosing "run with different credentials".
Thank you. This did not work, but i am playing the game just fine now. It was an error with .NET files. Cheers