Laser rifle to Chaingun switch

Abandoned

Switching from laser rifle to chaingun quickly to kill your enemy quickly as a finishing touch. Sounds alright.. But;

Directly after shooting with a laser rifle, I switched to chaingun; the problem is that (it might just be lag) instead of bullets coming out of the barrels, I get that [laser shot] and [animation] but no bullets or damage.

The feeling is similar to getting your enemy down to (lets say) 15% and under health, then when you're about to shoot, no laser beam comes out. Instead of laser beams, no bullets no damage.

Synista

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you shot your LR and changed to your CG but you still saw the animation?
If that it, it's because it has a reload time around the same as the new GLII, so when you shoot you have to wait a while before you shoot again, or if you change to another weapon you have to wait before you can use that one.

discord

Private Tester
Abandoned, you must wait the reload time of your last fired weapon before being able to fire another. Switching immediately after using the LR would mean that you simply cannot fire the CG until the LR's reload time is over. Try dealing with it in hornet where your reload time is MUCH longer and the mechanics will be more apparent. Basically, just what Vybez said.

Chaingun that fires Laser Rifle projectiles... somebody contact Mabel!

MJ, I've tried. I've tried SO MANY TIMES. He won't even let me play around with such a thing. I believe he fears being unable to approach a base to bowlparty if the defense guys have a super pewpew gun of doom.

Propkid

Discord your signature... :D you should be the first one to post in each bug report thread just to have a suggestion for why the bugs are there :]

Sounds like if the animation bug isn't fixed completely.

TheWimp

Discord your signature... :D you should be the first one to post in each bug report thread just to have a suggestion for why the bugs are there :]

Sounds like if the animation bug isn't fixed completely.
lolol more like you dont know what an animation is, they already said its the reload time like 2 times above you.

Propkid

lolol more like you dont know what an animation is, they already said its the reload time like 2 times above you.
Trololol i used the word animation cos

Directly after shooting with a laser rifle, I switched to chaingun; the problem is that (it might just be lag) instead of bullets coming out of the barrels, I get that [laser shot] and [animation] but no bullets or damage.

Is because if you reread the OP a couple of times you'll understand what he means. The reload has appeared above cos
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you shot your LR and changed to your CG but you still saw the animation?
^OP wasnt completely comprehensible and some people misunderstood the bug.

CG textures present, lasers coming out of the barrel. If you switch the weapon right after shot then only the reticule changes (followed by wep change) and thats 'reload time'

Anyways welcome to the forums :p

Abandoned

I'll clear the confusion up.
When you fire CG, the spark or flashes that come out of the CG barrels appear to be LR flashes.
This is directly after shooting the LR, switching to CG and shooting the CG.
No bullets or beams appear, just LR flashes.

Edit:
Abandoned, you must wait the reload time of your last fired weapon before being able to fire another. Switching immediately after using the LR would mean that you simply cannot fire the CG until the LR's reload time is over. Try dealing with it in hornet where your reload time is MUCH longer and the mechanics will be more apparent. Basically, just what Vybez said.

Explains half of the situation.