Just a question...

Stubbsy

Contributor
When this game came available again, why did you choose to make it a standalone download? And not in-browser?

And because this game has pretty much had it and I know the chances are very slim, but if you really wanted to, could you make the game playable in the browser again?

Fixious

Test Lead
Making it stand-alone means you can launch it whenever you want, even if you don't have internet access. There are also perks when it comes to performance. Not needing a browser open means it's not eating away at your memory as you play. There are probably a ton of other perks of it being stand-alone but I'm too tired to think.

Also, when IA shutdown they lost access to the in-browser technology. So even if they wanted to they couldn't put it back in the browser. I have no idea who owns that stuff. Probably IAC still, unless the guys who bought GG secured it as well.

Stubbsy

Contributor
Making it stand-alone means you can launch it whenever you want, even if you don't have internet access. There are also perks when it comes to performance. Not needing a browser open means it's not eating away at your memory as you play. There are probably a ton of other perks of it being stand-alone but I'm too tired to think.

Also, when IA shutdown they lost access to the in-browser technology. So even if they wanted to they couldn't put it back in the browser. I have no idea who owns that stuff. Probably IAC still, unless the guys who bought GG secured it as well.
Ahh alright. Thanks!