Internet-Corded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

Private Tester
So lately I've been hearing some from of my friends that simply buying an ethernet (I think that's what it's called?) cord would speed my my internet and pull my ping down. I'm running wireless at the moment, about 4 feet from the router. If I should get a cord, what kind? Any specific brands/specs?

A2

So lately I've been hearing some from of my friends that simply buying an ethernet (I think that's what it's called?) cord would speed my my internet and pull my ping down.
Well that depends. As far as I know in case of legions, wireless could sometimes cause stuttering and could be quite laggy as well. That can be solved via wired. (own experience). I prefer wired over wireless though especially for gaming.

Abandoned

I'll be opting for the wired VERY soon as well. I'm fed up with all the stuttering, jittering, constant lag, freezes, instable ping etc.

Add to the fact I'm roughly 3~4meters away from the router and I live in NewZealand.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Just get the cheapest cord you can find. "Quality" really has no effect on short distance wires.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Seymour's all about colour coordination! When he selects the CAT5 cable, he chooses the best colour (and length) for that particular room.

Status
Not open for further replies.