Download Improved CTF Sounds

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Introduction
This script replaces the old CTF event sounds with team specific ones. The script includes the Tribes 2 flag event sounds as default. (This means that return and drop sounds are still similar to both teams)
Also adds the midfield flag event sounds. These can, however, be disabled.

Settings
You can disable the midfield event sounds by setting $Pref::Sfx::MidFieldCTFSounds (Gets created after launching the game once with the script) to "0" in the prefs.cs file. Game must be relaunched after this.

Also you can simply replace the default sounds that come with the pack from the live/mods/autoexec/ImpCTFSounds/ folder.

Installation
Place the Zip archive to "live" folder. This is where the Legions.exe is located.

No need to set anything read only.

Your Legions must be up to date!

Download here!

57thKB24

Thanks! I am liking more the "You have the flag" alert but it's not working anymore after the update. :D

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Update!
The script was causing some serious errors in quickchat and hit sounds.
Updating is highly recomended.

Installation
Place the Zip archive to "live" folder. This is where the Legions.exe is located.
No need to set anything read only.
Your Legions must be up to date!
Quick (and probably stupid) question: do you mean to just place the .zip file inside the "live" folder, or extract everything inside the "live" folder?
Because the last time I installed a bunch of mods and my leejunz died on me.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Either will do.
Exception if you already have old version extracted you'll need to delete those files first if you wish to just drop the zip to the live folder.

This script makes a -huge- difference in how CTF games feel. It becomes much more clear what's going on, intuitively. Love it.

RockeyRex: would it be possible to seperate the enemy flag pickup sound from the enemy flag grab sound? Often you'll want to raise the alarm when the enemy gets your flag, but when you keep hearing the same sound when they toss the flag to each other and pick it up again it doesn't really make sense anymore. I'd love to be able to set a seperate pickup_friend.wav and pickup_enemy.wav.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
This script makes a -huge- difference in how CTF games feel. It becomes much more clear what's going on, intuitively. Love it.

RockeyRex: would it be possible to seperate the enemy flag pickup sound from the enemy flag grab sound? Often you'll want to raise the alarm when the enemy gets your flag, but when you keep hearing the same sound when they toss the flag to each other and pick it up again it doesn't really make sense anymore. I'd love to be able to set a seperate pickup_friend.wav and pickup_enemy.wav.

I believe the files already ARE separated; just replace the .wavs with whatever sounds you'd like.

I believe the files already ARE separated; just replace the .wavs with whatever sounds you'd like.
That's not really what I'm on about. Right now you can set:

cap_enemy
cap_friend
drop_enemy
drop_friend
grab_enemy
grab_friend
return_enemy
return_friend

However, it will play the grab_enemy sound when the flag is being snatched from your base and when the enemy team makes harmless passes to each other. That's killing all merit to the flag grab sound: I'd like to set a whopping great alarm for the flag grab and a gentle notification for the flag pickup.

I'll get testing once I get home.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Ah... Well that's doable but I wasn't really planning on making the sounds too complicated.
Anyways if you wish to do a version for yourself I can help you with it in case yo get stuck.