How much should I spend on my girlfriend for her birthday

yami

Private Tester
The last thread I participated in asking for female advice was actually kind of funny and led to some good discussions, so I'll put this one up, half for the lulz and half because I could actually use some good advice in the offchance it comes from here.
Some background:
  • I've known her since early September
  • We've been "boyfriend and girlfriend" since early November
  • We are both 19 year old college kids (aka college poor), I don't have a job, and I assume that she understands that I have very limited resources
  • I'm not some love-struck teenager thinking "this is the one", nevertheless I do like her pretty well
  • I've asked her a million times what she wants and she always says "I will like whatever you get me"
  • No L-word has been uttered by either of us and I don't plan on saying it any time soon
  • No I will not give pics
If you please I would appreciate you to answer this with sort of a max-min; for the max ignore the fact that I'm poor and say how much would be appropriate (i.e. even if I had the money it probably wouldn't be appropriate for me to buy her a computer or a diamond necklace) and for the min assume that I am a poor college student without a job.
Thanks
Her birthday is Feb. 10 by the way

EDIT: I know all the cliche's and although things like "best gifts come from the heart, are handmade, etc." are probably true, I'm horribly uncreative so unless you have a really good idea they don't really help.
Also we each spent about $40 on each other for Christmas
And any ideas for presents are appreciated

Immanent

The last thread I participated in asking for female advice was actually kind of funny and led to some good discussions, so I'll put this one up, half for the lulz and half because I could actually use some good advice in the offchance it comes from here.
Some background:
  • I've known her since early September
  • We've been "boyfriend and girlfriend" since early November
  • We are both 19 year old college kids (aka college poor), I don't have a job, and I assume that she understands that I have very limited resources
  • I'm not some love-struck teenager thinking "this is the one", nevertheless I do like her pretty well
  • I've asked her a million times what she wants and she always says "I will like whatever you get me"
  • No L-word has been uttered by either of us and I don't plan on saying it any time soon
I've always been a person for hand-made gifts as opposed to opposed to bought gifts at toy shops etc... you catch my drift. Those are my opinions. 9 days gogogo!

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Me and my gf just agree that we aren't going to spend stupid amounts of money on each other. If she's not a bitch she'll understand.

Propkid

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

OT: If you can't come up with something creative and hand made that lasts for long, think about what she's into and what she likes. I had a pretty easy job, my gf's birthday was about 2 weeks ago; she freaks out (in a positive way, derp) about old rock etc. music (Metallica and so on) + she often walks around her place sipping tea from a mug so I got her an Iron Maiden mug for ~5 euros. She also freaks out about Marilyn Monroe, so I wanted to get her a calendar with her (she already had a mug :p) but someone gave it to her before me.
No 'L' word or anything, this is like a really good friendship + all the funner parts.

As to money: the less the better, min ~10$, max 25$ (this is not Christmas ;P) IMO. Choose the thing so it 'lasts' if you know what I mean. Heck, if she likes teddy bears and has some in her room, get her one. Bitches love teddy bears...

Just don't do the 'dick in a box' thing...

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
... :eek: Crap... :( This thread just reminded me of my anniversary being in 14 days (yes, I asked her out the day after valentines day, long story) and don't have any ideas for her yet...

Anyways... What major are the two of you? I mean, even though my gf and I are both computer science majors, she still lights up if I make even a small entertaining program for her just because it was me that made it. I mean, as cliche as "it's the thought that counts" sounds, it really does. Presuming that your girlfriend is a realist and doesn't expect the moon anytime soon, you should be fine with something low-cost.

Oh, and if all else fails, yes, chocolates and roses will work unless your girlfriend is way different from the norm.

Heartsong

I'd say $25-30, but I'm one of those rich poor college kids. The weird part is that it's so close to Valentine's Day that you almost ought to combine them.

Off-topic: I love how everyone who goes to school enjoys indulging in that idea of the "poor college student" even when they've got a ton of money (not saying that's the case with you, yami, just my own post made me think about it).

57thRomance

Can you play any instruments? Maybe you could write her a song from the heart. Ladies love when guys strap on the balls to sing to them. It's also incredibly inexpensive to do so (unless you're the professional who wants to have high quality recording equipment and all that jazz).

Libra

Take her to go see some chick flick /scary movie dinner than surprise her with a cheap ass kmart necklace everyone's happy and you don't have to spend mad guap

Application-1

test bester
underwear+banana.jpeg

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
NO WORRIES GENTLEMEN THE *GIRL* HAS ARRIVED
When the time for gift-giving arrives, just say you're waiting for the opportune moment or whatevah. Then, next time you see her drinking straight soy sauce, you'll know she's pmsing. That's when you give her a pint of triple chocolate fudge ice cream. She will love you forever (but maybe you don't want that).

Edit: I AM TOTALLY A WOMAN DESPITE WHAT THOSE IN POWER MIGHT THINK.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Now all you nerdbombers know the answer: Quickest way to BugGirl's heart is through ice cream. It's like kryptonite to her.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Roses, get her a dozen roses. Bitches love roses. My girlfriend went crazy when I got her some.
Also chocolates. Bitches love chocolates.
Also, also, pix.
Just listen to me, I know what I am talking about (like always.)