Hotswap Down Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanent

Ohpuddi, I'm assuming technical difficulties is not associated with the inflated cost per hour of running these servers?

pinekoan

Legions Developer
If someone can tell me who runs this server, I will devote my time to fixing it/keeping it up.

GReaper

Grumpy
JP is also down, but no-one seems to give a *chocolate cookies* about that...

If Atlas or Prometheus are down, report them on IRC. I don't have the time to check the server list constantly, or the time to check every post in every thread because people don't bother reporting the issue. Just join #legions or #legions.info, highlight me in the channel and report the issue, that way if I'm not around there might be other staff who can contact me to fix it.

Sadly in this case there isn't much I can do - Atlas/Prometheus depend on Hotswap to download the server files when they boot up. I'll be fixing this when I can, but it might take a few hours.

GReaper

Grumpy
Due to the extended downtime, I've moved TS3 to another server. Players should be automatically pointed to it - assuming you're using the official ts3.legionsoverdrive.com hostname.

It's using a backup from around 3 weeks ago, so any channel changes made since then will be missing. If Hotswap returns then we'll revert back to it as soon as it returns, otherwise we'll stick with this.

Royalty

The Aussie
If Atlas or Prometheus are down, report them on IRC. I don't have the time to check the server list constantly, or the time to check every post in every thread because people don't bother reporting the issue. Just join #legions or #legions.info, highlight me in the channel and report the issue, that way if I'm not around there might be other staff who can contact me to fix it.

Sadly in this case there isn't much I can do - Atlas/Prometheus depend on Hotswap to download the server files when they boot up. I'll be fixing this when I can, but it might take a few hours.
Thank you for replying to me nicely like that and explaining the problem. I was expecting an arousing post from Gheist due to my smart-ass comment, in which he wouldn't of explained any of the above *shudders at the thought*

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Also you can't throw flags or nades on the ET servers. Can't be bothered getting on IRC :)
And you're actually wondering why people think of you as they do?

Also, had to nuke some *chocolate cookies*. This is the announcement forum, keep the clutter to a minimum.

GReaper

Grumpy
Update time - the hard drive on Hotswap died. We'll be getting a replacement server at the same location later this week, so hopefully it'll be back by next week once I get the time to reinstall it.

[JP] Atlas is up and running again, it's now downloading files from another server.

I've setup a temporary east coast replacement, it's located on the New Jersey server and is called [US] Kilgharrah. It's a small maps CTF server with Stygian removed from the rotation. ;)

Things should return to normal in about a weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.