Hi-Rez cuts *Tribes: Ass-End* item prices by 50%...

Royalty

The Aussie
Sounds like a desperate beg to get players back?

HiRezTodd said:
Common feedback we hear:
new users would have more fun in *Tribes: Ass-End* if they unlocked items faster

We're going to give that a try.

Effective immediately, we've cut all the item XP prices in half.

No guarantees on how long it will stick. Long enough to measure whether it positively affects the new user experience or not; and also see player feedback on forums/etc.

So please do pass along your feedback.

Really Hi-Rez? How low can you get? Should of made this move on day 1.

Fixious

Test Lead
Or they want people to spend all their useless XP on stuff so they can then introduce new items for people to buy. A new patch is coming fairly soon, anyways. Wouldn't surprise me.

MJ1284

Or they want people to spend all their useless XP on stuff so they can then introduce new items for people to buy. A new patch is coming fairly soon, anyways. Wouldn't surprise me.

And with new patch comes another weapon that is insanely unbalanced at launch (*cough* Jackal, Plasma gun and NJ5 *cough*), but then gets nerfed to oblivion two weeks after the launch (after 80% of players have spent their Gold just on the weapon). I wonder what'll be this time, heat-seeking spinfusor or chaingun that shoots mortar shells? Or perhaps Death Star laser which has 5x radius of an Orbital Strike and mere 10 second cooldown?

Fixious

Test Lead
We'll see. I'd rather see more deployables for Technicians. There's stuff in the games files they've yet to release, like portable generators and beacons. Even skins would be welcome. I don't play the game anymore, but I've watched a few recent matches on Twitch and it doesn't seem like anyone is using the new rocket turret. Tech's could use a new useful item.

The game doesn't need anymore weapons, nor is the community asking for more.

MJ1284

EXR turrets wouldn't be so bad if they'd hit anything. They're only useful in cramped space where those rockets can splash enemies (and likewise they can be easily destroyed by splash dmg...) whereas Light Turrets shoot fast and accurately anything that isn't going over 250. Repair Kits were insanely useful addition to Techs arsenal as you can repair multiple assets at same time and you can ditch repair gun for hitscan pistol or shotgun... I was surprised to see how fast Thumper + Sawed off shotgun brings down mediums and heavies.

That said I think it's kinda ridiculous how a Tech, who is supposed to be support class, can fight evenly with Soldier (and why Raider is so damn dominant in duels is far beyond me, wasn't raider supposed to be the Base Demolisher class? More like Fun Demolisher).

Royalty

The Aussie
I can't play Tribes, since my main laptop crashed and fizzled. Now my school one has given me the option to run it at min graphics, min res, at 1 FPS. No thank you.

Meh I just check the Tribes forums for shits and giggles.

Fixious

Test Lead
In response to community requests, we are going to introduce a Single Purchase option for *Tribes: Ass-End*.

If all goes according to plan the single purchase edition will be available this Friday 2/15, along with the upcoming content patch.

If you enjoy the game as free-to-play, nothing changes. Additional maps for free.

But for those wanting a single purchase - this package will unlock all classes, all weapons, and all perks in the current game; everything except the non gameplay affecting items like cosmetics.

We'll price it in the ballpark of other PC multiplayer shooters.

And if you are a Tribes VIP we'll give an additional discount.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/18cu8a/single_purchase_option_for_tribes_ascend/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/18cvrm/single_purchase_option_for_tribes_ascend/

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
T:A is dead.

Moving on, lets hope Hi-Rez learn from the experience or better yet somebody with a clue buys the IP. Hi-Rez started out alright but has since managed to fail on so many levels, it was almost comic to watch if it wasn't the greatest multiplayer shooter of all time they where grinding into the dirt, *dance* even T:V had better MP once the community got to it.