Help! Lost my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldermimmmi

I insert my lovly done hud into the legions folder but the "dancing" autopatcher deleted them. I don't know why but I didnt make a copy of my hud/objectiveIcons. and now they are gone.
Is there any chance to get them back?? Are they deleted completely from my pc or can I find them anywhere?

eldermimmmi

Mhh I do always (but this time ) backups . I have one in the internet for files like huds (but I forgot the page, cant google it). I used drag and drop instead of copy and paste I guess -.-. I uploaded it several times for others but all of the links dont work anymore. I didn't know that legions overwrites my files :X
Now I know how to insert own huds because someone told me but this does'nt help anymore :(
Overwritten files are, well... overwritten, not deleted.
Does this make any difference to my situation?

/closed.
Yippieeee! Nvidia remembered the site and after trying 100 names and 100 pws I could enter it ;D

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] Does this make any difference to my situation?
Kind of, as deleted files are way easier to recover than overwritten ones. But it seems like everything turned out fine in the end, so just remember to always backup your stuff, and to read the stickies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.