[Help] Battlefield 3 Specifications

Abandoned

I've downloaded and played Battlefield 3 Beta for few minutes and I was dissapointed to find out my laptop couldn't run BF3 without taking down the resolution to 640x480.

This link shows the minimum and recommended system requirements:
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

My system specifications are:
Windows 7 Premium 64bit
Intel Core i5 520M 2.93GBz Turbo
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 VRAM DDR3 1GB
HDD 500GB
Memory 4GB

My laptop model is Asus K72Jr TY298V.

Can anything be done to improve it so I can play fullscreen of 1600x900 (17.3" display) of BF3?
This was done from the lowest settings aswell.

I could just play with 640x480 resolution, but that sucks, might as well use the full 1600x900 resolution :(

I gave up on Battlefield 3 :(

But will my system specifications run *Tribes: Ass-End* smoothly? With fullscreen resolution? (1600x900).

System requirements for *Tribes: Ass-End* is:
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/269/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL1E2elpEakdr

I'm a bit worried about my graphics card again..

A2

How about lowering all the graphics settings to 'low' and trying it at a higher resolution?

Abandoned

he most deffinatly meets minimum requirements on gfx wise min req you need series 4 minimum...http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/09/20/battlefield-3-system-requirements-announced/1 theres better list on requirements.

tried to update direct-x?

I have DirectX11 on my laptop.

did you look at the recommended requirements? yeah, your card is sadly no where near it :(
Graphics cards are the one thing I wasn't so confident about too :(

graydoubt

As Seymour already mentioned, unless updated video drivers help, that's kind of it. Their minimum system requirements essentially mean you can kind of run it. "recommended system requirements" are meant for "medium" settings. That is, if you want to run this thing in its full glory, as presented in the various official videos, you'll probably need to start looking at SLI or CrossFireX.

Abandoned

I can't do anything about my graphics card since it's a laptop :/

Edit:
I can run it pretty decent with a fps rate of 60 in the lowest resolution there is, but it sucks to play like that :(

D

Doom Of Neroflame

could see if theres a catalyst control centre you can alter some things through it, iv never used it (i dont like tweaking my own things...with my luck il do the thing you arnt ment to do...but do to someone elses and works fine -.-)

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Is there a way to change the settings on your graphics card to its full potential?

believe me, it already is.

you could always try overclocking if you are willing to possible break your computer, and invalidate your warranty.
your computer will also get really hot.

Abandoned

No thanks, it hasn't even been past half a year since I got this laptop.

could see if theres a catalyst control centre you can alter some things through it, iv never used it (i dont like tweaking my own things...with my luck il do the thing you arnt ment to do...but do to someone elses and works fine -.-)

Yes, I can see a Catalyst control center, but I'm not sure how to use it myself.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
theres nothing much in AMD catalyst control that will speed you up, its just screen settings.

you could *try* using gamebooster.