Guide on how to join a PUG

stefygraff

Private Tester
For now, we got a very rigid way to join Pick-up Games, and lately we are getting more and more guys in, so I decided to make this thread to explain how to join a Private Pick-up Server:

This my friends is a server link(blank):

Client::JoinServer("legions.shazbot.eu:XXXXX"); (for euro)

After you receive this link, you must post it in the Console(how to access the console?)

To access the Console, press CTRL + `

The console looks like this:

You copy and paste the link in the text box and press ENTER, and thats it...
(make sure that you post the link with no spaces, just like you receive it, it will give you error if you don't)
All you need now is to get in a Pick-up and try it out! Have fun.

After a few months, this way to join a Pug has been replaced by private servers with password, easy and better for all, so forget about the "Link" or "Ctrl+`" .

All you have to do now is join us in Team Speak 3, and play :)

Fixious

Test Lead
The problem isn't joining. It's getting picked that's the true battle.

blogging-cliche-sad.jpg

stefygraff

Private Tester
The problem isn't joining. It's getting picked that's the true battle.

The only reason i made this guide is because last night at the Eu PuG we had 2 newcomers, and we wasted precious time explaining to them how to join the map

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Hoho! Great thread, many of the asian players have difficulty accessing the console and joining a PUG lol. ((:)

Application-1

test bester
Why not just install RR's ServerBrowZar?
Because that is more of a extra, waiting for a new player to download a mod can take long aswell, already met 2 new people that did not knew how to extract files.
So showing this to a new player should make it alot faster.

Royalty

The Aussie
Can someone please help me.
I got picked for a pug, but I didn't know where to find the server link- where is the link?