Gamebooster- does it actually work?

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
GameBooster is a non-licensed cartridge for the Nintendo 64 made by Datel Design & Development Ltd. It was made to be similar to the Super Game Boy for the Super Nintendo for playing Game Boy games on the Nintendo 64. It was released half way through the console's time in the Gaming Market.
It plays most Game Boy games as well as working with Super Game Boy games with borders. By pressing both the L and R button will turn on the menu page to increase the screen to full as well as changing colour to the screen.
Because its not licensed by Nintendo, a slot was added at the back where by putting a Nintendo 64 game into the slot would over-ride the lockout chip.
One problem with the Gamebooster is that it doesn't play any sounds from the Game Boy game in play, instead plays a tune over and over, being one of the main problem with the game cartridge.
Even with no Game Boy game inserted, the cartridge has a built in game called Rebound Mission.

Abandoned

I think you got the wrong quote.

What does it do, give your higher FPS?

Yes, if you read through the whole description of GameBooster, you would know without having to ask these questions.
From the top of my head:
1) Boosts FPS by a little
2) Shuts down unecessary programs

Game Booster designed tο optimize уουr PC becomes smoother, more responsive, іn a gaming PC bу simply clicking a few buttons. Game Booster helps find thе best performance fοr уουr PC tο play games іn уουr PC. Game Booster works bу defrag уουr game directory, suspend backgorund administer thаt works іn уουr computer, sterile up RAM memory аnd intensifying processor performance.

Immanent

I didn't really see much of a FPS difference, with and without game booster. This was because I was probably in Legions Lite already, and must have maxed out. Gamebooster itself takes up at least 8,000 kb of CPU, which is quite ironic. And I close all my necessary programs (itunes helper, apple mobile device, skype) all that random crap. I think I maxed out at somewhere between 390-397.2 looking at the sky.

Pure

This program works awsome for me I have the premium which is alot better than the free one. It does all the stuff mentioned above and uses this Gaming Mode Power Plan.

Untitled.png

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

Synista

Worked for me on my old laptop, had a lot of stuff that I didn't need and I was 12 so I didn't know how to get rid of it. So I opened up GB and it shut them down.. went from 15fps to 50fps. It just depends on how much stuff is open or running on your computer that you don't need, the more stuff that gets shut then theoretically means the more fps increase you get ;)

Propkid

TRUEFACTS:
If you have a good PC you won't notice the difference really.
Weaker PCs will see more of an improvement, so in a way yes it works.
Pro gamers use this stuff anyway; they also play CS in its lite version just to have a silly high fps. Silly thing to do IMO, but they do it and they are good so...