Frostbyte seems to get boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamboyant

Funny how it is when all of the servers are Frostbyte....I also heard there were Death match servers before, what happened to those?

Why not use different maps instead of Frostbyte? I mean the other Default maps on maybe update the launcher witch will give others new maps to play in. Tired of being in the snow |=/

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Frost is the most balanced map in the game, and the one people know better then the back of their hand.

Other maps that come up though:

Reactor
Elegiac
Nivo (off chance)

and a few others here and there. With the community so small other game modes/servers are not needed. If this game gets a lot of players like it had before, you can totally expect to see more servers/game modes and maps played. Just give it time.

Funny how it is when all of the servers are Frostbyte....I also heard there were Death match servers before, what happened to those?

Why not use different maps instead of Frostbyte? I mean the other Default maps on maybe update the launcher witch will give others new maps to play in. Tired of being in the snow |=/
It's an amazing map, the problem is the boring pubs.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Easily the most popular map on legions at the moment. More maps, and edits of unpopular maps are to be released, so have patience.

Armageddon

Teapot
The server rotation setup is garbage.

Frost
Nivo
Ele
React

and the off chance of zenith.
Besides those maps most new people probably have no idea we have 10+ others.
Sad

Belberith

Legions Developer
Frost
Nivo
Ele
React
Sad
Well, first of all the map change isn't based off of a rotation. The next map is chosen randomly from a weighted list which includes all maps. One reason large maps don't appear very often because an almost completely full server is required. The other reason applies to 80% of all Legions maps: They have an unfortunate history of killing servers.

Flamboyant

Lets put it as this, why not put the maps people made for others to put in there folder, make an update that installs a few maps for us and NOT put frostbyte in EVERY server.
What i'm really saying is i see frostbyte in every server...

MightyDeath

Frost
Nivo
Ele
React

Sad

Also Elegiac should come up if there are more than 12 players on the server. It's just annoying to see 3v3 or 4v4 on Elegiac...

Belberith

Legions Developer
Also Elegiac should come up if there are more than 12 players on the server. It's just annoying to see 3v3 or 4v4 on Elegiac...
That occurs when there are enough players for Elegiac to be chosen, then everyone leaves after the map is actually changed.

GReaper

Grumpy
What i'm really saying is i see frostbyte in every server...

Because the servers are restarted every night due to memory leaks, and servers always load the first map in the rotation. I've always set FrostByte as map 0 as it's the most popular. Duel servers don't ever change map because nobody has actually bothered to create a proper duel mode, so it's just CTF which never starts.

Also there's only a limited choice of servers due to the fact that hardly anyone plays other game modes. They're also an absolute pain to deal with, as each game mod abuses the global settings for score limits, even though you want a score limit of 10 on CTF, and something much higher for Rabbit or Deathmatch.

Ideally the servers would continue to rotate through maps even if nobody is on them - just to keep offering something different for that time when someone does actually connect.

_Shockwave_

If this game gets a lot of players like it had before, you can totally expect to see more servers/game modes and maps played. Just give it time.[/quote]

does that include free for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.