European Pickup Revival

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The European community has not had a proper pickup in sometime. Some cite the reason they haven't happened in a long time because of insufficient players. I full heartily disagree. I believe the reason they haven't happen is because mostly, no one can be bothered to organise anything, until now.

Now that the new euro server has been sorted out, and the admin list complete, I feel the time is right that we sort ourselves out and for that reason I believe we need a set time for people to going the pickup channel. In the past the time for pickups always used to be around 7 PM UK Time (+1 on mainland Europe, +2 eastern Europe) I believe this should be the set time for people to turn up and idle in ts3 pickup channel.

In addition, I would like to actually count the euro community who is interested in playing pickups. For that reason I would like everyone who is interested to post on this thread to signup (While American's can post, you won't be put on the list)

The idea of this is also to attract new players to pickups, and as such please go and tell absolutely everyone and get as many people to signup by posting in this thread. I believe we have the player count to do this.

Euro Pickup Players:
  • *Fireblasto*
  • Vanity
  • Voltage
  • Bestking
  • Dino
  • Jedrek
  • Stefy
  • Ness
  • Pullute
  • Omegas
  • 3lionz
Anyone who turns up to a pickup will be added to this list.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I thought this was a complete failure, but I guess some people are still interested in signing up. The euro community is surprisingly resilient and is actually showing signs of growth (kudos to voltage, who has been doing alot of work with his clan which has got some players improving at the game when else they wouldn't)

Remember, get anyone you know in the euro community to sign up, this is literally just a roll count list at this point to see how many active eu players we have.

Pure

Sorry but i don't see this working, let's say you have 20 people signed up here(pretty sure never going to happen, but i hope there will be) how many of them will show up, and waiting for 30 mins for a pug that lasts 20 mins if you're lucky is just not worth it. If you really want to know how many active euros they really are, just count them, can't be that hard every time i play i always see the same players.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The critic has arrived.

My response is, "Better than nothing". If there's enough interested then this may work, if there's a atmosphere of doubt and negativity then this will never work. So be positive!