Donating A Few New Servers

curser656

Hello everyone,

It's been a very long time since I posted here, over a year I think, but recently I remembered all the fun I had with this game and I'd like to give back I guess.

So I'm looking to donate about 3 servers to groups of players or clans.

Location can be anywhere you like. The only thing I'd need is someone to set them up.

If you can run multiple servers from one dedicated then the location will be who ever chooses it first.

If it doesn't work that way then I guess a few vps' is the best way to go.

I'll try to get these within the next couple of days but paypal is an ass with bank transfers so it'll probably take more like a week-ish. So drop your name, clan name and a location. Enjoy guys.

Fixious

Test Lead
A US and EU server for Team Rabbit would be nice. Then again a decent US (preferably East) server for CTF would be nice as well.

curser656

Define decent? Are there minimum running specs and preferred running specs?

Also I already have an EU server available in France. 1gb/s up and down lossless connection, 64gbs ram, xeon e5-1650, 2tb disk space.

In a world of so many takers, it's comforting to see such a nice gesture. The Devs on this site deserve recognition to for all their hard work too.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
This looks like a great offer, it would be great to have two straight team rabbit servers as fixious suggested (I'm the guy that made the team rabbit mod). As for specs, I'm sure that French server you've got could easily handle running several games at least. I would happily help with setting up servers and would love a place to host team rabbit where I could easily change stuff and not feel bad about using up dabbleh's vps.

Name: Xzanth
Clan: In7
Location: UK (although mainland Europe, such as France or Germany, is probably a better place to host from for Eu players).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Very nice, kudos to you. Spektrum is currently fine in terms of a server and I recommend you talk to greaper and/or st3lth for the requirements the server need to meet. (Actually, they're pretty low I think so you should be able to get a good deal.) So your ram is somewhat overkill for legions.

As for server location, a east coast server would be best and perhaps a server in Asia or Australia?

Application-1

test bester
Just wanna say that germany is a good place to host for europe. At the moment it is england and our east european / russian player and even some finnish players are suffering heavily because of it. Germany is a great place to host in europe that gives everyone good ping under 100.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I've got nothing against the London servers, but they are not exactly central Europe and English routing/internet is pretty *chocolate cookies*. Germany is the place to be.

Jello

Contributor
If you were to set one up in NYC i would love you forever and ever and ever......., but if you no oher teams have posted up their names for a server you could put my team up, DS(soon to be changed)

Name- Hi!
Clan- DS (soon to change)
Location- US (East Coast)-NY

curser656

Ive found a server in NYC for you hi. Ill purchase it when I get home from class. I also have another EU server available right now. It's located in Berlin, Germany. I'll set that up when I get home aswell. I guess it'll be the team rabbit EU server. The Montreal server will be the US East ctf server and the US team rabbit server.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
So yeah, who is setting all these, LINUX distros up? If it's not Linux, I will have to stab you.

Oh and Legions server usage is tiny.

curser656

So yeah, who is setting all these, LINUX distros up? If it's not Linux, I will have to stab you.

Oh and Legions server usage is tiny.
They're all linux distros of course. Also I've found better servers in NYC so all eastern servers are going to be located there instead. I hope you'd be able to set them up then, Dabbleh.

Here's a list of available distros for you: http://pastebin.com/ifkUQ2uL