DirectX Problem

Arch

Legions Developer
Before you go sending me to update DirectX, please read my whole post.

So, just recently, I've been getting this little bug dealing with DirectX. Sometimes the Launcher launches fine and the game plays as normal, and sometimes it Launches, turns to a gray screen and pops up with an error message window. And again, I've had no problems up until a few days ago.
DX91.png

Close out that window and the launcher appears this pops up.
DX93.png

I checked the forums about the DirectX bug and grabbed the latest version to see if I needed to update. Ran the .exe file and this was the result.
DX92.png

It doesn't do this every time and started occuring recently. Sometimes, I just need to re-run the Launcher and it works. And other times, I have to shut down my computer for the game to run again. Any way to fix this?

A2

Close out that window and the launcher appears this pops up.
DX93.png
I got that error a bunch of times but I figured out why. When I connected my laptop to a bigger screen (like my TV), I changed my resolution to a high value. Later when I played on my laptop screen, that error popped up. Figured it was because it was set to a higher resolution than the one my laptop can handle, and changing it back to my native resolution via Preferences file fixed it. If that's the same scenario, this might help. Otherwise it's something else.

Arch

Legions Developer
I got that error a bunch of times but I figured out why. When I connected my laptop to a bigger screen (like my TV), I changed my resolution to a high value. Later when I played on my laptop screen, that error popped up. Figured it was because it was set to a higher resolution than the one my laptop can handle, and changing it back to my native resolution via Preferences file fixed it. If that's the same scenario, this might help. Otherwise it's something else.
I did do that. Changed it back to my native res but the error still appears.

EDIT: Checked the Console text file and found this at the bottom. Don't know if it would be of any help
Code:
DirectX Init:
  Version 10.0.0
  Creating GFX device NVIDIA GeForce 9100M G (D3D9)
Win32Window::setMode - invoking curtain
  Using 'd3dx9_42.dll' for D3DX
  Failed to create hardware device, trying mixed device
  Failed to create mixed mode device, trying software device
  Failed to create software device, giving up
Con::execute - 4425 has no namespace: onDestroyMenu
client/scripts/canvas.cs (20): Register object failed for object Canvas of class GuiCanvas.
client/scripts/canvas.cs (24): Unable to find function errorf

EDIT: Redownloaded the launcher and it seems to work. We'll see if it fixed the issue.