Community film

Xtreme

shaska's bff
This is something I wanted to do for the longest time but time and resources kept it from being materialized. I know legions is more or less dead but american group is still strong and we just had full eu server for several maps (which never happened in the last 2 years lol). So for those guys who are still playing, demos are 100% working and I expect to see some nice stuff :cool:

This project will most likely be a compilation of highlights a la botb2. Everyone is welcome to sumbit demos (either post in this thread or send them to me via pm). This doesn't necessarily mean 400m mas; those are great but nice flagplay or combat, crazy snipes, mortars, routes, tricks or anything else that you think has its place in such a project is acceptable. To keep this clean and uniform, I intend to record gameplay myself (1920x1080 @60fps) but rest assured I will give credit where deserved.

I'm hoping that keyframes will be functional by the time I actually sit down to edit and render, so this way there can be some nice cinematics. Think of it a bit like a (long overdue) tribute.

This will be an ongoing project and the final release really depends on the number and quality of submissions. Comments/feedback are welcome

JedrekPl

This is something I wanted to do for the longest time but time and resources kept it from being materialized. I know legions is more or less dead but american group is still strong and we just had full eu server for several maps (which never happened in the last 2 years lol). So for those guys who are still playing, demos are 100% working and I expect to see some nice stuff :cool:

This project will most likely be a compilation of highlights a la botb2. Everyone is welcome to sumbit demos (either post in this thread or send them to me via pm). This doesn't necessarily mean 400m mas; those are great but nice flagplay or combat, crazy snipes, mortars, routes, tricks or anything else that you think has its place in such a project is acceptable. To keep this clean and uniform, I intend to record gameplay myself (1920x1080 @60fps) but rest assured I will give credit where deserved.

I'm hoping that keyframes will be functional by the time I actually sit down to edit and render, so this way there can be some nice cinematics. Think of it a bit like a (long overdue) tribute.

This will be an ongoing project and the final release really depends on the number and quality of submissions. Comments/feedback are welcome

It can be something like advertisement for leejunz

Xtreme

shaska's bff
A Demo Drop thread was created by Fire a while ago for this purpose, basically. Once Freecam arrives it'll make things a lot more interesting.

http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/demo-drop.5174/

I know but I had the impression it died out (just like everything else with this game...). If it's easier to use though, sure!

It can be something like advertisement for leejunz

I was hoping to start a separate project for that mainly because trailers by nature are quite different from skill vids (ie. trailer must be short and show all aspects of the game like different game modes, features, maps etc. as opposed to something like this which is to show unique moments)

Last edited:

JedrekPl

I was hoping to start a separate project for that mainly because trailers by nature are quite different from skill vids (ie. trailer must be short and show all aspects of the game like different game modes, features, maps etc. as opposed to something like this which is to show unique moments)
I mean that this "Community film" could show what you can do after few weeks/months of training etc. Maybe if some one new see it....

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Demo Freecam will only work in demos recorded after its been released.. this is a technical limitation of how its been hacked in and cant be helped. While always wanted(as seen by the old demo gui).. and even attempted to create a few times by different people, they have only become a possibility in the past 2 weeks. We will try to get it out as soon as possible but there is a lot of work left to do for full keyframe etc

Last edited:

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Demo Freecam will only work in demos recorded after its been released.. this is a technical limitation of how its been hacked in and cant be helped. While always wanted(as seen by the old demo gui).. and even attempted to create a few times by different people, they have only become a possibility in the past 2 weeks. We will try to get it out as soon as possible but there is a lot of work left to do for full keyframe etc

That's alright no rush.

I will be checking this thread periodically (even though I already know this will never happen)

Poponfu

Lead Developer
You should just use the demoDrop / personal demos for this one and wait on freecam for that other project. There are already some really good ones in there. Encourage people to use/make bookmarks .. itll make your life a whole lot easier as far as finding / getting back to clips.