Change in the Small Server Rotation is Needed Badly

Does the Hostswap Small server have too much of a nivosus/moonshine tendency?

• Total voters

Jaymyster

I can't help but notice over the past few weeks the utterly disturbing tendency the small servers have had to choose the maps nivosus, moonshine, and frostbyte over and over again; with more emphasis on the moonshine/nivo maps. The reason why I put more emphasis on moonshine/nivo is because of the VERY high tendency they both have to clear the small server of it's population. For too many consecutive days now I have been in pubs where the game is full, but clears out really early due to the over playing of nivo/moonshine. (Today for example, Pucking frost, nivo, moonshine, frost, nivo, moonshine, nivo, moonshine, nivo... A total of 225 potential minutes of solely these maps on the small server) There is OBVIOUS tendency towards these maps on the small server that the community has been noticing for quite sometime, but has (for some odd reason) not taken any action to say anything about how it's been destroying the everyday pubs that should be populated during active hours.

It's puzzling how such a problem can go un-noticed for this long in terms improving the community's gaming experience. These maps have been clearing the Small server for a long amount of time now and it's time that some kind of action is taken to improve the community's gaming experience. I'm simply requesting there to be less frequency on nivo and moonshine on the small server.

-- As a side note I would like to add that I have (along with many others most likely) noticed a similar issue to the one I have presented above with the Large server as well. Likewise to the small server, there are maps exclusive to the large server (which I won't name due to the many varying opinions on each) that inevitably clear the server of it's population. Considering this is an issue on both the small and large server, I would like to additionally propose the idea of a hybrid server that would contain the maps that are the common favorites (the frosts, zens (Puck you zen), fallouts, elegiacs, ect.) so that worrying about a map that will whipe the server of its population is no longer an issue.--

HOWEVER, I would like to keep the focus on the subject I have initially presented. Let's fix this Pucked up rotation please?

What would a Jaymyster post be if I wasn't high.

Key: P= f

Libra

Amen finally a post about that god damned rotation it's an endless frost. nivo, moonshine vortex I'm sick of them they're good maps just to much of a good thing

Jaymyster

Removed a lot of posts.

If you want to make a post, make sure it's relevant to the damn thread or it'll be nuked.

I must've been asleep while those were posted, anyway I hate when that schyte happens and furthermore thanks for the justice. ^^ +1

Libra

Yes last night played on that server it was a nightmare frost, nivo, frost, nivo then moonshine over and over and over again can something be done about this please

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I would just make it so that moonshine can only appear like once in 5 games (and even then there's a limited chance). It is irritating when the map rotation goes Frostbyte Moonshine Nivo Moonshine Fallout Nivo Frostbyte.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I heartily agree. I've never been a great fan of nivo, and it is being way overplayed. While I don't let the map that I'm playing on take me away from legions (because legions is awesome), it would be GREAT to have some more variety, because everybody plays in the small maps servers. Boost the frequency of the other maps (I'm going to take flak for this, I know, based on the thread right below this at the time of posting) but I'd like to see more stygian and perhaps Core on the small maps rotation.

Jaymyster

I'm thinking 20 seconds before the game ends a message comes up in the chatbox saying:
Press 1 for Moonshine
Press 2 for The Core
Press 3 for Frostbyte
And the combinations would be random each time.

The freedom of choice entices many ears in the community. Voting for a map sounds like a good idea for the most part considering it would be based on majority choice. However I am MORE than certain that in time, there WILL be a more noticeable tendency for few select maps that the veterans of the community will whoré. As a result, whenever a slightly more uncommon map is voted on, the veterans in the game will bitch within the first 3 minutes of the game about how the map sucks. (when more than likely it's their aggravation about how they aren't savvy with routes or tactics to be used on the map... or they're just plain rusty on the map) And considering they will be more easily heard due to their veteran-status they, along with the others in the game will leave, resulting in potential for the server population to then dwindle or even die. Which is the initial problem this thread was made to solve in the first place wasn't it? (clear of server population)

It's a nice idea, but let's save it for the future when we have a big enough community to be able to avoid such issues. So as of now, please reduce the tendency of nivo/moonshine for the sake of the community.