Can't wait for invulnerable inv stations

WaT

I've been playing a lot of Tribes:Next on the Goon Haven server and I'm so sick of constant HO base rape and mortar spam. Can't wait for team work and matches that actually focus on CTF, hurry up Legions!

57thRomance

Well the only inventory the stations have is ammo, so better off calling them ammo boxes.
And don't worry, Legions will be here sooner than you think!

havocblitz

What i know is legions will release before Christmas.
just go to the web chat and see the header u will see legions release-before christmas.

snob

Isn't goonhaven like some *chocolate cookies* 64 man server with bad map rotation? That's not what I would base a statement like that off of.

nor10

I on the other hand look forward to hopefully having destroyable assets at some point in time. In my opinion it adds another strategic aspect to the game. I have been playing some Tribes 1 on The Community and every map has the inv stations taken out and everyone spawns in light armor with disc, grenade launcher and chainguns, energy pack and grenades. No mines, no deployables, no heavies. I fond that somewhat boring.

Disci

Old man
I on the other hand look forward to hopefully having destroyable assets at some point in time. In my opinion it adds another strategic aspect to the game. I have been playing some Tribes 1 on The Community and every map has the inv stations taken out and everyone spawns in light armor with disc, grenade launcher and chainguns, energy pack and grenades. No mines, no deployables, no heavies. I fond that somewhat boring.

I'm a LT fan and find public LT games pretty awful when you think that people who are playing on that server have played T1 since forever and still sucks ass at it. Join in some PUGs and you will see what it really can be. It's not as strategic as base but you have to lose something for the pace it provides.

@WaT, there will be destroyable base assets in Legions at some point. That's probably one of the first things they will add to the game. I hope you'll start to enjoy repairing your inventorys. ;)

WaT

Well snob does have a point, Goon Haven is 64 man pub with a crappy map rotation. Most of the maps have extremely accessible base assets making it way too easy for base rape.

I guess I don't care as much about the stations being invulnerable as I do about having balance between HO and defense.

Esuke-L

I'm finding more & more the best way to keep from getting bored on the tribes:next servers is to not stick to one room..
eventually most of the rooms fall into quite obvious patterns of play. & generally the bots aren't at all challenging..L:O I eagearly await your release

base rape has become an abomination in tribes

legions should avoid it , in short it tends to make games less fun than more fun

nor10

What about it has become an abomination? I log on and see LT and think wow, this really really sucks. Wheres the strategy in spawning in LO gear? Just turns the game into a DM with a little bit of CTF thrown in.

icenikka

What about it has become an abomination? I log on and see LT and think wow, this really really sucks. Wheres the strategy in spawning in LO gear? Just turns the game into a DM with a little bit of CTF thrown in.

Right...

It's clear that you've never played LT with good ctf players.

nor10

You're right. LT didn't exist when I played. Doesn't change my opinion of it, especially having played competitive, "normal" Tribes with good CTF players.

dienasty

i love how everything has to be black and white :( Tribes was awesome because it wasn't. Base, Classic, Renegades, LT, or whatever. there was something for everyone.

That said, I really hope L:O gives players MORE options not less. (one of the fails of T:V) .

Does it divide the community.. yes, but more people will play (at least some version) if there's something they like about it (rather then forcing a box to play in)