Any interest in a ladder site?

Ladder Site?

• Total voters

Armageddon

Teapot
I have run a few ladder sites back in tribes for mod communities that OGL/TWL would not host and i still have the systems to run them, albeit basic but i can run Ladders/Tourny - rung or point systems.

So i was wondering if anyone would be up for a competition site now or in the future.

With bugs announcement i figure competition will soon follow.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I really wouldn't rush it.
The competition is even remotely feasible when admin tools come about. Till then I really wouldn't bother to atleast publish anything.
Suppose it wouldn't hurt to have one in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to come out with a bang.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I really dislike ladders compared to a orginized league like CAL cs 1.6

With so few teams though I guess that's what would work best for the time being.

Personally I hope it does not happen for a while until legions is updated with more things to do.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
You hate ladders?
*shrug*

I see ladders as the base of the competition. From there you may arrange leagues and tournaments, that take place at certain times.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I am just basing off my experience of OGL vs CAL ... in OGL we would play sporadically , teams would no show all the time and drop from the ladder and games felt less competitive. CAL seemed much more structured and intense.

GReaper

Grumpy
We'll provide the servers for any games needed as long as sufficient notice is given for an admin to be around, so don't worry about it too much.

Disci

Old man
Launch the ladder. See what happens. When ever a new big update comes out, reset the ladder. There are plenty of teams atm if people are willing to play with bad pings. It could run as a place where teams can arrange scrims vs each other for now atleast. Do it quick before Gheist comes back and smashes the idea with his german hate!

Darklord

Private Tester
While most tribes people are more familiar with ladders, leagues work out much better for competition, especially if there is a smaller community. Ladders are a decent supplement, but just don't promote as much activity.

Armageddon

Teapot
Well i'll set something up and run some test to make sure i didn't booger any codes up tinkering with it, by friday i'll have it going but i'll need some testers to rip it apart and try to find any bugs. I'll setup a test ladder, tourny & league.
I figure as the game changes i'll do what Disci said and reset, a community operated competition site will also be best for modded versions of legions when that feature is available. A few clicks and any mod can have a comp ladder etc running.

www.LegionsOverdriveLeague.Net is where im planning on putting it, or L:OL for short.
Unless someone has a better name. Thanks for the input.

By-Tor

Private Tester
Speaking for my team, I'd wait for the game to be 'more finished' before launching a ladder/league. Based on the changes that we see coming from Bug's blog post, the game is going to drastically change and who knows, teams might too.

Unknown

Private Tester
We don't really have enough teams to do an interesting ladder, but something where individual players sign up and then you have a draft could be fun.

poiuyt580

Well i'll set something up and run some test to make sure i didn't booger any codes up tinkering with it, by friday i'll have it going but i'll need some testers to rip it apart and try to find any bugs. I'll setup a test ladder, tourny & league.
I figure as the game changes i'll do what Disci said and reset, a community operated competition site will also be best for modded versions of legions when that feature is available. A few clicks and any mod can have a comp ladder etc running.

www.LegionsOverdriveLeague.Net is where im planning on putting it, or L:OL for short.
Unless someone has a better name. Thanks for the input.
LOLeague.com/net?

Armageddon

Teapot
Speaking for my team, I'd wait for the game to be 'more finished' before launching a ladder/league. Based on the changes that we see coming from Bug's blog post, the game is going to drastically change and who knows, teams might too.

True but game changes won't effect the ladder, Clans changing players or dropping from the game won't matter much either. Each team has the option to disband from the team control panel. There is also a sort of "draft" system but it only list players actively looking to join a team. Having a draft system that includes clan members and non-clan members could get confusing. To get a better idea of what i mean look at TWL's system, thats more or less what i've been running but mine has a few more bells and whistles.

We don't really have enough teams to do an interesting ladder, but something where individual players sign up and then you have a draft could be fun.

Also supports 1vs1 and so on.

triphamm3r

Hi all... I'm new here but wanted to jump into the topic.

We've currently got Legions Overdrive setup for ladders at Global Warfighter League. We had put things on hold pending the game's update. We're ready to go with competition for the game. We welcome the entire Legions community for competition. Rules, format, and a couple admins to staff the game would be all we need to get things rolling for you. We offer everything from private forums for teams... to matchcoms for match coordination. We've been around since 2004 and got started on Tribes. Anyway... just throwing the idea out for ya... check us out:

http://www.globalwf.com

Anyone interested in staffing can PM me at our site or start a conversation for organization in our forums. Thanks for your time.

triphammer@globalwf.net

Armageddon

Teapot
snake-bite.jpg

triphamm3r

Sry Armageddon. Didn't mean to steal your thunder. Just throwing the idea out as an option. The system's already in place at GWL and we've been waiting for things with the game to progress a bit more. If there is interest in competing for the game, it'd be a good opportunity for both our communities. As I said... it's an option without having to put in the work of building... or recovering a ranking system. If you're inclined to recover your old stuff... and get into again... more power to you. I'm not here to step on you. No worries.

The pic made me laugh... again my apologies if I slighted you Armageddon.