Add icon to the laucher

Lcam

Add a icon to the “Laucher” and the option to add the icon to desktop… And if it possible change the name “Laucher” to “Legions Overdrive”

Icon of Legions.jpg
It is only a small modification, but the little details make a game interesting.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Simple thing, comes moreso when the final polish is put on the game, which is not the developers top priority at the moment.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Simple thing, comes moreso when the final polish is put on the game, which is not the developers top priority at the moment.
Agreed, but there actually is no 'final polish' with Legions: Overdrive. Its a game of innovation where new things will continually be implemented.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Agreed, but there actually is no 'final polish' with Legions: Overdrive. Its a game of innovation where new things will continually be implemented.

There will be? The game will eventually be finished, more when the gameplay elements have been sorted out completely.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
There will be? The game will eventually be finished, more when the gameplay elements have been sorted out completely.
Yeah, the game might be finished but as I said before they'll continue adding new updates, weapons, game play(probably) which is far from actually putting a 'final polish'.

I did not say that the game wont be finished, I was implying to the fact that, Legions: Overdrive isn't a non-innovative game as opposed to the likes of COD/Halo who release updates on a whole new game. There is only one Legions: Overdrive.

L:O Blog said:
The new name is to signify the renewed development of Fallen Empire: Legions. Don’t think of this as a sequel, think of it as the original game, but in Overdrive. We’re taking this already great foundation of Legions and will be adding a slew of new features and content.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, the game might be finished but as I said before they'll continue adding new updates, weapons, game play(probably) which is far from actually putting a 'final polish'.

I did not say that the game wont be finished, I was implying to the fact that, Legions: Overdrive isn't a non-innovative game as opposed to the likes of COD/Halo who release updates on a whole new game. There is only one Legions: Overdrive.

Please read what I am saying.

The game isn't 'finished' if they keep update the game and add new weapons. As I said in my first post:

You seem to be under the impression that I think the game is ready for this 'final polish'. On the contrary, I think it is nowhere near it.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster

Please read what I am saying.

The game isn't 'finished' if they keep update the game and add new weapons. As I said in my first post:

You seem to be under the impression that I think the game is ready for this 'final polish'. On the contrary, I think it is nowhere near it.

I have read, and understood what you are saying. I am just pointing out the quote you gave earlier:
when the final polish is put on the game
There isn't going to be a final polish as you said, this game isn't a sequel.

You did say 'when the final polish is put on the game' all I'm saying is that there wont be a final polish, even if you're referring to many years ahead of today.

That when will never come, there is no end to this game.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
There isn't going to be a final polish as you said, this game isn't a sequel.

You did say 'when the final polish is put on the game' all I'm saying is that there wont be a final polish, even if you're referring to many years ahead of today.

That when will never come, there is no end to this game.

I disagree, when the base game is completed by the developers, it will be shined up by this 'final' polish. Mods and things may go on forever (i.e. tribes), but the base game will not be changed, and thus that is where the polish must be put.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Yes, however your first post almost referred to the 'final' polish as the end of this game.

Developers listed priorities:
1: Begin game development with the coding and artwork.
500: Add an Icon to the launcher.

Ohai everyone the game is complete.

I'm sorry, but it did sound like 'The End of Legions Development'.

Yes, however your first post almost referred to the 'final' polish as the end of this game.

Developers listed priorities:
1: Begin game development with the coding and artwork.
500: Add an Icon to the launcher.

Ohai everyone the game is complete.

I'm sorry, but it did sound like 'The End of Legions Development'.

What he means by this is that the devs do high-priority things first, and then work their way through the list. Aesthetics things, which don't actually serve any useful purpose (apart from being prettyfull) get left until near the end of base-game development.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Actually, there is an offical one (one for Leigons one for launcher) but someone sucks at compiling files and has managed to make them disappear.