Yet another tdm suggestion

Libra

Instead of having the 10vs10 player match up, the 2 team set up It should be split up into 4 teams of 5 players, or 4teams 4players each basically squad like formation like in BBC2, first to 50 or 60 wins. I think it would be a great addition to the game just a thought

Calimo

I really like this idea! However, I see some problems...

It seems it would be better for organized game-play. Having a smaller team means you would have to put a bigger emphasis on working together. (something pubs in this community lacks...) I don't think many of the random strangers who join pubs just for fun have a keen sense of listening skills.
Also, with the TDM history I've seen... Public TDMs turn more into a giant blob of splish-splash damage around the center of the map. BUT, having the separate teams may eliminate this problem.

But again, I really like this idea. I personally believe it would be worth a test... Just to see how it goes over. This would be something new that I have not seen in many other games.

MJ1284

Instead of having the 10vs10 player match up, the 2 team set up It should be split up into 4 teams of 5 players, or 4teams 4players each basically squad like formation like in BBC2, first to 50 or 60 wins. I think it would be a great addition to the game just a thought

I could see this working in Capture & Hold (assuming there's base assets involved), I never got to play that game mode in Tribes 1 but I think it would work great with multiple small teams. C&H mixes TDM with base defense aspect (bases are outposts controller by switches, whoever touches the switch claims outpost for the team), difference is that points aren't awarded for kills but for holding outposts.

Remember how in CTF one team could win in Pub if they have 1-2 cappers and rest Defense? Won't work in C&H since you're forced to split your team to different locations in order to accumulate points, you COULD have all defend one outpost but it'll backfire quickly if any of your opponents is holding more than one outpost.

Libra

capture and hold sounds like a great game have u ever played battlefield bad company 2 C&H reminds me of conquest

Gravis

BBC2 "Conquest" is pretty much C&H and I would like to see it implemented more as it requires greater teamwork and as MJ said, there will be less 2-man offenses with stacked D. Here's one game-mode suggestion I made in another thread:

As a defensive-minded gamer, I'd definitely like to see some CNH (capture and hold). And maybe a sort of larger scale team rabbit 12v12 with 4 flags for four people and small teams defending each rabbit, while the other team tries to gain control of the flags. You cold win by either scoring more points than the other team or by holding at least 3 out of the 4 flags...when time runs out (added edit).
With people holding flags, they're basically mobile flagstands, and with cores a sent with extra health or mobility might be harder to catch, especially with other people guarding him.

Or hell, maybe we could make a CTF variation WITH mobile flagstands, lol. Nothing extreme and more like your generic moving back and forth objects in games.

Libra

delta gamma zeta epsilon with the originals

i meant the team names doesn't matter its actually implementing the C&H Game type

since we got access to the scripts (idk anything about scripts and what they do) can we do anything as the community to make this happen or is this solely in the hands of the devs

Armageddon

Teapot
since we got access to the scripts (idk anything about scripts and what they do) can we do anything as the community to make this happen or is this solely in the hands of the devs
We can do what we always do, sit and wait. The only use for the scripts update is for huds and the like, not modding.

Blood Sword
Diamond Eagle
Star Phoenix
Children of the Wolf