Xfire Integration

Xerrao

I think that Legions should support Xfire, and vice versa.

If you don't know what it is, Xfire is a gaming-centric social network/instant messenger/screen recorder and uploader/patch downloader/server-IP-sharing-and-connect tool/etc.

In my installation <of Xfire AND Legions>, if you put the following into C:\ProgramData\Xfire\dev_games.ini , it will cause Xfire to automatically update your status to Legions when you start it, as well as giving you Xfire In-Game. You will have to create this file if you haven't used it before. Here is a YouTube Video demonstrating it's functionality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl7eylfMr-s
Code:
[7000]
LongName=Legions: Overdrive
ShortName=legod
LauncherExe=Launcher.exe
DetectExe=Legions.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1
InGameOGLTextureOffset=32000

What I am suggesting is that the Legions team get Legions registered with Xfire so that we can have this work out of the box, and maybe the developers could get some of the extra features of Xfire integrated to Legions as well. Xfire's SDK can be found here. It would be nice if we could have something like Xfire's game stats as well as server tracking if-and-when publicly-hosted servers are made available. I would really appreciate this from the developers, and I think it might get the game a bit more visibility.

I've been hoping for something like this for ages, GJ for bringing it up xerrao.
Also, Ty ty for the code.

ps, why does it say "FPS FPS #". is the extra FPS a bug as a result of the way it's integrating with legions, or is it a separate xfire issue.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Well, the game isn't finished yet. Personally I think it's a good idea, but they won't want to advertise it at all yet.

Xerrao

ps, why does it say "FPS FPS #". is the extra FPS a bug as a result of the way it's integrating with legions, or is it a separate xfire issue.

It's the NVIDIA theme, some kind of bug in that. It does it in all my other games as well. Matter of fact, I think the default theme provides better mouse support in-game, I'll test that later today.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I think this would be pretty cool, Instant Action kinda had support for xfire. I say 'kinda' because it only tracked site usage and not the specific game usage, still was cool, though. Plus it would help players keep track of each other, etc.

I'll make sure BugsPray notices this thread.

Xerrao

One of the reasons I would like this to be implemented was the game stats tacking and server tracking. This definitely seems a lot more feasible with the current way of how the game is developed and distributed (as opposed to IA), as we (as a community) have more control over how the game is being developed, in addition to the fact that it runs as it's own program. This makes it easier for Xfire to pass on command options to the launcher for connecting to specific servers (or however direct-IP connections would be done if/when it is implemented).

I also noticed that InstantAction.com is still in the Xfire games list. It was tracked in either Internet Exploder or Firefox using Xfire's XO toolbar (which I don't use, the last thing my browser needs is another toolbar).
iaxfire.png