Windows 8

apatriot1776

As an aspiring software developer, I installed Windows 8 on my computer in Oracle VirtualBox. After downloading some necessary development software like Visual Studio, I decided to see if a few games would run. However, several of these would not run properly, including Legions. It would start up properly, then run until I joined a server. I would be redirected to the loading screen, where the bar would go until it is fully loaded, and then the game would crash.

Is this due to a compatibility issue with Windows 8, or would it be due to the fact that I am running it on the virtual machine? I am fairly sure it is not because of my computer, since it runs fine normally. If it is a compatibility issue, I would not be surprised; several of the games I tried would not run properly, often with the cursor not working in the game window. If it is due to compatibility issues with Windows 8, that is fine, I just wanted to let y'all know of an impending issue you might need to resolve.

Bestking

I think Legions for Windows 8 has not been developed yet. Once Windows 8 comes out for sales, the devs will make this game work with Win 8.

anak

VIP
it's windows 7 merged with windows phone. no real substantial changes besides a slightly more extensive tablet support

Arch

Legions Developer
I would try booting up W7 in a virtual machine to see if it is in fact the virtual machine that is causing the issue and not the OS. Also, you might want to take into fact that you are using a pre-launch version (developer's version I am guessing) on the VM. Meaning that it may, does, have bugs.

apatriot1776

Why not use a *dancing* normal windows?

I do use a normal machine, I was just curious as to what does and does not work. So far, most of the games I've tried on W8 do not work properly, so this is most likely a hardware problem. I might try Arch's suggestion and try another Windows version that's proven on the VM, just to see if it's because of the VM and not the OS.